Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,340 times)

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 14, 2020, 08:08:06 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 13, 2020, 10:11:42 PMBioshock > Bioshock 2 > Bioshock Infinite.

Last time I replayed the series I didn't even got in mood to play Infinite again. Just didn't do it for me.

I don't really get that.

I though BioShock 2 was honestly a bit of a slog. It was just a much less engaging retread of the first one, only you're playing as a Big Daddy who's even more flimsy than the fleshy human you played as in the original.

Infinite feels like a breath of fresh air by comparison. It may not rival the first but its a hell of a lot more fun to play than the second.
Infinite's problem is that it feels nothing like Bioshock. The isolation and exploration and the freedom to approach situations how you want is replaced with a standard AAA shooting gallery.

Wasnt fond of all the reality timeline stuff either and the ending is simply awful

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Galactus123 on Apr 14, 2020, 02:16:31 PM
I'm playing Death Stranding. Its a great game. I'm a big fan of the Metal Gear series so I was excited to play this too.

The last quarter of this game saved it imo.  Went from being a 6 to an 8.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Started Jedi Fallen and it's pretty good so far. I like being able to explore the land for scans and random chests. Story is intriguing but I'm trying to get use to the melee combat which I find aggravating at times. Only three planets in so far.

razeak

razeak

Demonsteele mod for DOOM. It's amazing

Stitch

Stitch

Recently finished Doom Eternal. It's awesome but hard. Like ultraviolent 3D chess.
Also finished the RE3 remake 3 times. I'm enjoying it, despite a lot of complaints from fans. I'm tempted to buy it on PC for the mods.
Also, Half Life Alyx is awesome! I highly recommend it to anyone.

I'm currently playing through Black Mesa, Blair Witch Project, and Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. I have the Sinking City to play after DCotE, but it's such a janky game I'm not sure I'll finish it.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Probably finish FF7 remake today.  It would be awesome in its own right, but despite the story changes it is a nostalgic throwback to those of us that bought the game way back in 1997.  It is kind of awesome seeing the world you envisioned in your head as a 12 year old fully realized today.  I'm also surprised that they kept in ALL of the darker themes in the game like the whole Wall Market bit and Avalanche being an extremist group that doesn't really care about collateral damage.  They see the damage they cause and continue with the bombing missions anyways.

You don't typically see that kind of stuff in today's games POST 9/11.  Nobody wants their protagonist associated with that kind of action. 

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

NFS Heat on the side, trying to make the ultimate Mercury Cougar build. Currently playing through Midnight Club: Los Angeles and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (PS3). I also have Alan Wake on Xbox 360 so I plan to play that one soon. And as always, Red Dead Online. Mostly just doing daily challenges and Trader role deliveries.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Amaterasu on Apr 27, 2020, 02:56:48 AM
I also have Alan Wake on Xbox 360 so I plan to play that one soon.

That is a great game! Surprised they never did another one.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Lost Odyssey. So far it's good but goddamn the first two bosses are hard as shit

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Apr 27, 2020, 05:43:36 PM
Quote from: Amaterasu on Apr 27, 2020, 02:56:48 AM
I also have Alan Wake on Xbox 360 so I plan to play that one soon.

That is a great game! Surprised they never did another one.
They did. It's an XBLA game called Alan Wake's American Nightmare. It's not as grand in scope as the original, but it's a sequel and is supposedly in continuity.
They're also releasing an expansion for Control which is supposed to be linked to Alan Wake somehow.

Huggs

Huggs

Doom 1 & 2

The originals, not the new ones.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Hearts of iron 3

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Wrapped up Doom Eternal, currently hopping between Warhammer40k: Mechanicus and Inquisitor: Martyr

Stitch

Stitch

I just finished Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth. It sucks. It sucks so bad. The first third of the game was great, then everything else just sucked. It got so bad that I played through the first 8 chapters, slogging through it, then I decided to play the final chapter in god mode, and I still got frustrated.
All the fun was replaces by frustration, tedium, and annoyance with the amount of jank the game has.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

I bought Grand Theft Auto: V for like $14, comes with the criminal empire starter pack for GTA Online. My friend is like "all this shit would be worth $60". So I got a nice deal.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed