Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,208 times)

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 16, 2018, 08:27:08 PM
I've not actually played the main game on nightmare. How does it differ from hard? Is there a noticeable difference?

I think you'd breeze it mate if you've done it on Hard numerous times.  The Alien, however, is literally a nightmare to deal with.  Learns everything quick too.  The other annoying differences are the lack of loot and a map.  It is a challenge mate but still an enjoyable one.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Nightmare mode:
- Alien's sight is slightly better, but other than that, enemy senses are the same as Hard.
- Alien is a little more aggressive then Hard, it'll appear quicker and hang around for longer. The increment vs Hard is similar to Hard vs Medium.
- Non-alien enemies deal 25% more damage than Hard.
- No map.
- Fewer item pickups.
- Motion tracker interference.

Xeno Alpha is right, if you've mastered Hard then Nightmare should be perfectly do-able, just a question of how well you know the geography.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Played the Croft Manor DLC on Rise of the Tomb Raider. You know, that extra background and development with Lara's father would have been appreciated in the actual game, at least moreso than those two or three thirty second flashbacks.

Huggs

Huggs

Just finished Dead Space 1 again. About to pop the seal on the Doom 3: BFG edition.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I started playing around with Mortal Kombat XL, but I was so annoyed with having to unlock the story mode that I stopped after a few training bits and Test Your Luck matches. I may have to move my attention to Mad Max while I fume. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 19, 2018, 04:41:03 AMI may have to move my attention to Mad Max while I fume. :laugh:

That's a great game.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 19, 2018, 09:38:38 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 19, 2018, 04:41:03 AMI may have to move my attention to Mad Max while I fume. :laugh:

That's a great game.

Yeah, it's not bad so far, even if it's a bit beyond me how I'm meant to ram cars when even the ramshackle shitmobiles are faster than I am.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Played Superhot and Blade Runner 9732 on a VR headset. It was awesome.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Monster Hunter World - A bit easier than I was expecting. Might be because I can actually see what the f**k's going on or because I have a controller. Still, I'm enjoying myself

Warframe - I don't know why I came back to this Grindfest.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Playing Pinball FX3 with the Aliens DLC, it's great for what it is.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Played the first two chapters of MKX's story mode. I'm liking it so far, even if Johnny Cage single-handedly taking down Shinnok is kind of bullshit. :laugh:

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 29, 2018, 11:21:09 PM
Played the first two chapters of MKX's story mode. I'm liking it so far, even if Johnny Cage single-handedly taking down Shinnok is kind of bullshit. :laugh:

I liked it but man did they mistreat a lot of the klassic characters.
I was glad Johnny that got his moment though, even if it was bullshit :D

Huggs

Huggs

Currently beating Crysis 3 and Kingdom Hearts 1.5.  Then I'm unsealin' the Mass Effect trilogy. Time to see what all the fuss was about.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Playing Alien: Resurrection on the EPSX. The game is hard AF, I am about half way through thanks to the quick save feature of the emulator. The game constantly spawns Aliens behind you and bounces them in your face when opening doors. You also die by steam, flame, electricity, you just die, die and die. Regular save "stations" work just like Alien: Isolation and are rare to find. Great atmosphere and movie feel though,

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 14, 2018, 08:35:05 PM
Playing Alien: Resurrection on the EPSX. The game is hard AF, I am about half way through thanks to the quick save feature of the emulator. The game constantly spawns Aliens behind you and bounces them in your face when opening doors. You also die by steam, flame, electricity, you just die, die and die. Regular save "stations" work just like Alien: Isolation and are rare to find. Great atmosphere and movie feel though,

Would you recommend it? I've been thinking about getting an emulator just for that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed