VMP2: PREDATOR 2: Is the City Hunter Predator "bad blood"?

Started by Voodoo Magic, Feb 12, 2019, 05:13:36 PM

Author
VMP2: PREDATOR 2: Is the City Hunter Predator "bad blood"? (Read 21,518 times)

clickymandibles

I guess my interpretation of the City Hunter was really out there. I always thought he was a really good guy.

I assumed the initial batch of skinned bodies served as a larder for the Predators, except that CH's got confiscated by Gary Busey as evidence. So instead of eating dishonorable or boring kills like stray animals (ala Hunting Grounds), it chose to eat meat from the already slaughtered cattle in the freezer unit at great personal discomfort.

I also assumed CH was legit trying to save Danny Boy from the fall, until Danny drew his gun. The context of the "Want some candy?" line made it seem like the Predator learned this line as a way to offer gifts. So the cemetery scene felt like CH was presenting Harrigan with a keepsake of Danny's as a gift. CH then uses the line again on Jerry when offering him a highly honorable death, prizing him above everyone else in the entire subway.

Plus, choosing to self-destruct so early when it still had some fight left makes me think CH was eager to uphold any honor codes its clan might of had.

But I don't know how to feel about CH anymore after reading this thread and seeing all this behind the scenes material saying that the City Hunter is actually a cruel and unusual killer.  :(

Wweyland

I considered the City Hunter to be a Young Blood and not a Bad Blood.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed