Abigail (Radio Silence Dracula's Daughter project)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Apr 11, 2023, 05:46:26 PM

Author
Abigail (Radio Silence Dracula's Daughter project) (Read 28,632 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

'Scream VI' Filmmaking Team Radio Silence Tackling Horror Movie for Universal
Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett, who helmed the recent 'Scream' movies, will direct the untitled project.

QuoteRadio Silence, the horror-making team behind the recent Scream movies, has signed on to direct and produce a scary movie for Universal.

Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett will direct the untitled project with Radio Silence's Chad Villella producing. Also producing are William Sherak, Paul Neinstein and James Vanderbilt of Project X Entertainment, who were the team's partners on the Scream movies. Tripp Vinson, who worked with Radio Silence on their breakout hit, Ready or Not, is also producing.

Universal is keeping plot details in the coffin, but the project was at one point titled Dracula's Daughter. That project centered on a group of kidnappers who abduct a band of young people, one of which ends up being the titular character. Woe then befalls the kidnappers.

The script for the untitled project was written by Stephen Sheilds, with revisions by Guy Busick.

Universal is pointing that the project falls in the lane of such films as Leigh Whannell's The Invisible Man and the upcoming Renfield, Adam McKay's take on a Dracula side character — movies that provide "a unique take on legendary monster lore and will represent a fresh, new direction for how to celebrate these classic characters."

(Dracula's Daughter, incidentally, was a classic Universal horror movie produced in 1936 as a loose sequel to 1931's Dracula.)

Jay Polidoro, Holly Goline, Kelly Cannon and Jacqueline Garell are overseeing the project for the studio.

Radio Silence and Project X are coming off of the strong success of Scream VI, which Bettinelli-Olpin and Gillett directed, Project X produced, Radio Silence's Villella executive produced and Project X's Vanderbilt co-wrote. The film set a franchise record opening at the global box office and this weekend passed the $100 million mark at the domestic box office. The movie is the team's second Scream movie, after 2022's Scream, the fifth installment which re-launched the franchise.

Radio Silence is repped by UTA, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and Johnson Shapiro.

Shield is repped by Casarotto Ramsay and Associates and UTA while Busick is repped by A3 Artists Agency, The Gotham Group and Jackoway Austen.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/scream-6-radio-silence-universal-horror-movie-1235371163/

This sounds fun. I really dig the original Dracula's Daughter from '36, and dug what Radio Silence did with Scream (2022) and Scream VI as well. It would be pretty cool to do something with this premise that has a tone sort of akin to Near Dark and Bones and All...

KiramidHead

Radio Silence has been pretty great, so this could be interesting.

KiramidHead

"This is acceptable to you?"

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

https://twitter.com/Collider/status/1736840733787582804

Based on the slate in the Instagram post, it looks like this did indeed shoot under the name "Abducting Abigail," which is the (working) title that Radio Silence was throwing around in interviews around the time of Scream VI's release. No idea if that's going to be the actual release title (concealing the fact that this is based on a Universal Monster movie [presumably Dracula's Daughter]) or if they're going to change the title to something more direct for the actual release.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The use of Swan Lake in the trailer is cute! Maybe one or two too many meta gags (though Radio Silence is just coming off of a couple Scream movies, haha), but other than that quibble, I like what I'm seeing in this trailer! Cool cast, I'm very into the big spooky house (and the corpse pool, of course!), and I'm glad it seems to be actually playing it as a horror movie rather than, well, whatever the hell Renfield was trying to be (I know it was a comedy, but the humor was way too broad for never clicked for me, and the movie felt like a colossal waste of a great Cage performance as Dracula).

I wonder if we're going to be seeing Dracula himself appear in this?

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed