All Star Trek

Started by Shasvre, Jan 09, 2010, 09:26:47 PM

Author
All Star Trek (Read 341,534 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

According to the wiki:

QuoteIn Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise, it was stated that if the code "0-0-0-Destruct-1" was given, it would result in an overload of the warp core (most likely an intentional warp core breach, although that term was not used until Star Trek: The Next Generation). This version of the auto-destruct was meant for use in deep space, nowhere near a planetary environment. Using the code "0-0-0-Destruct-0" (as it was in TOS and Star Trek III), would render the ship as a useless hulk to all hostile forces.

"0-0-0-Destruct-1" is presumably the method that they were planning to use in TMP, which Scotty said would take V'ger with them.  That would have been a good way for Kirk to go out, flying the Enterprise-A into some galactic-level threat and detonating the ship's antimatter.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 25, 2024, 01:58:51 AMAccording to the wiki:

QuoteIn Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise, it was stated that if the code "0-0-0-Destruct-1" was given, it would result in an overload of the warp core (most likely an intentional warp core breach, although that term was not used until Star Trek: The Next Generation). This version of the auto-destruct was meant for use in deep space, nowhere near a planetary environment. Using the code "0-0-0-Destruct-0" (as it was in TOS and Star Trek III), would render the ship as a useless hulk to all hostile forces.

"0-0-0-Destruct-1" is presumably the method that they were planning to use in TMP, which Scotty said would take V'ger with them.  That would have been a good way for Kirk to go out, flying the Enterprise-A into some galactic-level threat and detonating the ship's antimatter.

Kirk Unit.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The information will not be disclosed! >:(

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 31, 2024, 11:37:42 PMThe information will not be disclosed! >:(
Your name will be disclosed, I don't know I thought of a good insult, but I don't think this is going over well.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 31, 2024, 11:37:42 PMThe information will not be disclosed! >:(

"... as much as you wanted the Enterprise, I want this!"

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 01, 2024, 09:00:13 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3UECPY6Y-Y

All the Alec Peters drama aside, the content they've put out has actually been well produced and entertaining.

Ingwar

Ingwar

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Can't believe Discovery is about to have its last season. I have a lot to catch up on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed