Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,136 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Accidental Tourist

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Halloween Kills (2.5/5)

I really enjoyed the first one that came out a few years ago so I guess you could say I was expecting this to be just as good, sadly that's nowhere near the case.

It's kinda a mess to be honest. The story doesn't ever really try to actually find a story ha. It's like a bunch of random stuff got edited together. Plus Anthony michael hall's performance was brutally bad and cringey...

Some cool kills with solid music but that's it. I'll still see the final installment because I'm still gonna hope for what the first one had...

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Mar 19, 2022, 06:49:11 AM
Halloween Kills (2.5/5)

I really enjoyed the first one that came out a few years ago so I guess you could say I was expecting this to be just as good, sadly that's nowhere near the case.

It's kinda a mess to be honest. The story doesn't ever really try to actually find a story ha. It's like a bunch of random stuff got edited together. Plus Anthony michael hall's performance was brutally bad and cringey...

Some cool kills with solid music but that's it. I'll still see the final installment because I'm still gonna hope for what the first one had...

Evil dies tonight!! Evil dies tonight!!!
I've seen all the Halloween films and been a fan since the 70s seeing the first one. This one was a real let down after the last one a few years ago.
Spoiler
I hated the fact Michael had his mask off. That just kinda kills the whole mystique and dread about him.
[close]
. Like you said some of the kills were very cool (hilarious even).

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Quote from: Prez on Mar 18, 2022, 09:50:40 PM
Quote from: WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE on Mar 18, 2022, 06:39:48 AM
Escape From New York
Hellraiser

Both great films.

"WE WILL TEAR YOUR SOUL APART"

:)

The Matrix, the first one (DVD copy)
Spaceballs

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

My apologies for asking, but why on DVD, surely Blu-ray's just as cheap nowadays?

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Prez on Mar 19, 2022, 08:59:07 AM
Quote from: Gentleman Death on Mar 19, 2022, 06:49:11 AM
Halloween Kills (2.5/5)

Evil dies tonight!! Evil dies tonight!!!
I've seen all the Halloween films and been a fan since the 70s seeing the first one. This one was a real let down after the last one a few years ago.
Spoiler
I hated the fact Michael had his mask off. That just kinda kills the whole mystique and dread about him.
[close]
. Like you said some of the kills were very cool (hilarious even).

Agreed, that was unnecessary and I've been more than happy with that not happening in the others.

I feel the movie fell to countless other stories of the first one being a huge success, then fast tracking a sequel with little to no thought.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

X (2022)

I'm not a big Ti West fan usually, but this was really good. Boogie Nights meets The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. :)

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 19, 2022, 03:30:25 PM
My apologies for asking, but why on DVD, surely Blu-ray's just as cheap nowadays?

I dont have any Matrix Blu-Rays yet , and I dont know if I will get them. Blu-Rays are pretty good however, I have a few good ones.

Zeitgeist: The Movie (2007)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Red Heat

"No, I am not shitting on you."

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Alien: Directo's Cut

Kradan

Kradan

How was it ?

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 20, 2022, 06:53:24 AM
How was it ?

Pretty good rewatch, was in and out of the room a bit, I got my old laptops pop-out disk drive DVD player to work with this media player Freeware that I like so I'm watching some of my DVDs with it. I also am grabbing .srt subtitle files off of this website https://yts-subs.com/ which is normally the file type for pirated media files, but with this specific freeware media player I can add the .srt subtitle files and watch them paired with DVD, if they sync up which they dont always since the .srt files are for the rips of DVDs and blu rays I think. Alien DC is quite good

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Midsommar 3hr Cut (4/5)

Everything about this movie is aesthetically pleasing...

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Mar 20, 2022, 05:18:50 PM
Midsommar 3hr Cut (4/5)

Everything about this movie is aesthetically pleasing...

I've only seen the theatrical cut but that movie is amazing  :o

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Protocols of Zion (2005)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed