Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,585 times)

j0nesy

j0nesy

one of my favorites too, did you ever check out the syfy series? i got through the first season, and quite enjoyed it

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Janek on Jun 15, 2020, 06:31:27 PMWatched Fast & Furious (2009) last night, working through the series on Netflix atm. If you are looking for a mindless and over the top car chase action, these films are the way to go haha.

I still can't get over how what was up until that point a completely unremarkable series following on from a cult scene-for-scene remake of Point Break suddenly pulled out such a good movie with Fast Five. It's legit one of my favourite action flicks of the last 20 years.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 15, 2020, 08:02:36 PMOh Temple is fantastic. It's almost like Indiana Jones meets a horror movie.

Something I never fully appreciated until I got hold of an uncut copy from Australia. It's been released unedited on Blu-ray now, but back in the days of VHS and DVD the old UK PG version was heavily cut down, especially the sacrifice scene. The uncut version's actually pretty harrowing.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 16, 2020, 09:11:22 AM

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 15, 2020, 08:02:36 PMOh Temple is fantastic. It's almost like Indiana Jones meets a horror movie.

Something I never fully appreciated until I got hold of an uncut copy from Australia. It's been released unedited on Blu-ray now, but back in the days of VHS and DVD the old UK PG version was heavily cut down, especially the sacrifice scene. The uncut version's actually pretty harrowing.

kali ma, kali ma, kali ma shakti de!!!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: j0nesy on Jun 16, 2020, 03:36:40 AM
one of my favorites too, did you ever check out the syfy series? i got through the first season, and quite enjoyed it

I have not. I've heard it and a bunch of their shows from around that period were quite good.

Coming from the country whose censorship resulted in the name Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, I'm not surprised at all. :laugh:

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Just watched Sicario: Day of Soldato.  Not bad.  First was better.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

The Departed (2006)

Not a big fan of crime films, but damn! this movie is so well directed and the cast is so excellent. Plus that ending. That is what I call a plot twist.  :laugh:

PredBabe

PredBabe

^ One of my favorite crime movies!

It's been years but I rewatched The Hills Have Eyes (2006). I still haven't seen the original movie but I think they really hit it outta the park with this remake even on its own. The trailer scene is still hard to watch. They did a great job with the cast, especially for the family as they really felt authentic and relatable.

Now onto the Evil Dead remake. :D

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I've not seen to many crime movies in my life. But this one is definitely my favorite so far.  :laugh:

Quote from: PredBabe on Jun 17, 2020, 02:31:55 AM
It's been years but I rewatched The Hills Have Eyes (2006). I still haven't seen the original movie but I think they really hit it outta the park with this remake even on its own. The trailer scene is still hard to watch. They did a great job with the cast, especially for the family as they really felt authentic and relatable.

The original "The Hills Have Eyes" kinda reminds me of "The Nightmare on Elm Street" (1984) and "The Last House on the Left" (1972). It is a good B horror movie. But I prefer the remake.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 17, 2020, 02:57:02 AM
I've not seen to many crime movies in my life. But this one is definitely my favorite so far.  :laugh:

The original "The Hills Have Eyes" kinda reminds me of "The Nightmare on Elm Street" (1984) and "The Last House on the Left" (1972). It is a good B horror movie. But I prefer the remake.

Well all three of those movies share a director.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 17, 2020, 12:12:51 AMComing from the country whose censorship resulted in the name Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, I'm not surprised at all. :laugh:

To be fair, the trilogy was sold as fun family adventure films; the uncut version of Temple is a bit strong for that.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 17, 2020, 01:14:04 AMThe Departed (2006)

Not a big fan of crime films, but damn! this movie is so well directed and the cast is so excellent. Plus that ending. That is what I call a plot twist.  :laugh:

One of my favourite remakes. I don't like it more than Infernal Affairs, but I like it equally for different reasons.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Yeah crime and mob flicks aren't usually my thing either but there's definitely a handful that are great. The Departed is still my favorite of them though, what a cast and what a twist at the end.

That sounds about right for the original The Hills Have Eyes. The Last House on the Left is another one that's really hard to watch.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 17, 2020, 12:12:51 AM

Coming from the country whose censorship resulted in the name Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, I'm not surprised at all. :laugh:

Ha yes, the BBFC in the 80's and early 90's had this bizarre hang-up with Ninja weaponry and headbutting of all things. No idea why.

I think one of the cartoon ninja hero turtles even had his nunchucks replaced with a more "respectable" (and much more dangerous) weapon.  :laugh:

Surprised Huda found an uncut copy of ToD from Australia of all places though, their censorship is even more extreme. Or at least they used to be.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: PredBabe on Jun 17, 2020, 04:22:03 PM

Yeah crime and mob flicks aren't usually my thing either but there's definitely a handful that are great. The Departed is still my favorite of them though, what a cast and what a twist at the end.

That sounds about right for the original The Hills Have Eyes. The Last House on the Left is another one that's really hard to watch.

I find The Last House on the Left somewhat amateurish. It was Wes Craven's debut though.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 17, 2020, 08:03:24 AM
One of my favourite remakes. I don't like it more than Infernal Affairs, but I like it equally for different reasons.

I didn't know it was a remake. Well now, thanks to the pandemic, I have plenty of time to watch movies.  :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Serpent and the Rainbow

Bill Pullman really got the point in this one. ;)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 17, 2020, 06:22:00 PMI didn't know it was a remake. Well now, thanks to the pandemic, I have plenty of time to watch movies.  :laugh:

Yeah, the original's a Hong Kong movie. Well worth a watch if you can put up with subtitles.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed