Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 844,944 times)

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2

Tbh I only watched it for Jeffrey Donovan. lol

First Blood

First Blood

Interceptor/The Wraith (1986)

I don't know how this movie never took off. For what it is, it is well shot, well acted. The special effects look pretty good. The car races are incredibly well done and the soundtrack is classic 80s rock.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Quote from: Amaterasu on Apr 10, 2019, 10:01:49 AM

It's not that bad. I quite enjoyed it to be honest. But this is another case where excessive studio meddling destroyed a potentially good movie.

Check this out:

Quote from: Russ on Apr 10, 2019, 08:41:36 AM
Quote from: P-Rock on Apr 09, 2019, 10:26:37 PM
The extended cut of BvS: Dawn of Justice is awesome.

Too bad Whedon ruined Shyder's Justice League by reshooting about 70% of the movie.

Yep.

Snyder didn't leave though, he was fired. The studio then used his family tragedy to cover up that fact and that Whedon had stepped in to finish the movie. Snyder's cut was supposed to be very dark. Meanwhile the studio were pissing themselves because of the poor response to BvS and demanded a lighter tone, with your typical superhero quips thrown in every few minutes. Basically they wanted another Avengers, not another Watchmen.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Snyder's just kind of a lame storyteller, IMO. Everything is so grim and dark without any real merit or anything interesting to say. And I appreciate that he has a visual style of his own, but it just isn't for me. At all. It all has this ugly, murky, overbearing look to it that just turns me away. Haven't seen a single film of his that I've really come close to enjoying.

What happened with his daughter is an absolute tragedy and I feel absolutely terrible about that,  but the DCEU is so much better without him. Aquaman and Shazam were both very fun, and had some genuine heart to them. Hoping for the best with Wonder Woman 1984 (I wanted to love the first one, and it was definitely the best of the Snyder-era, but the third act really killed it for me; it reminded me too much of his style). I have faith in Jenkins and Gadot moving forward, however.

The Old One

The Old One

^

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: P-Rock on Apr 10, 2019, 06:01:04 PM
Quote from: Amaterasu on Apr 10, 2019, 10:01:49 AM

It's not that bad. I quite enjoyed it to be honest. But this is another case where excessive studio meddling destroyed a potentially good movie.

I read a draft of the script and it totally worked on paper.

Prez

Prez

Finished watching the 2nd half of The Dark Knight with my wife. First time I've properly watched it in years.

All I will say is this (IMO) it's peerless and stands above all over comic book movies. I don't say that as a slight on Marvel or anything else DC as I find a lot of enjoyment in them, however Nolan elevated this film beyond the norm (and how!) ... it's just superb all round, incredibly intense, well acted, well written, beautifully shot, grounded and realistic (even for suit wearing hero standards) and such an exhausting but enthralling film to watch.

And I'll admit being a long time Batman diehard too but for me this despite all the love I have for Keaton and Affleck ... this is my definitive version of Batman on celluloid.

Huggs

Huggs

It's a decent trilogy, but I'll never get used to bales batman voice.

Still makes me cringe every time I hear it, that and Ledgers performance.

The final movie left a lot to be desired.

The arkham games really nailed it all a lot better, in my opinion.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 11, 2019, 12:36:17 AM
It's a decent trilogy, but I'll never get used to bales batman voice.

Still makes me cringe every time I hear it, that and Ledgers performance.

The final movie left a lot to be desired.

The arkham games really nailed it all a lot better, in my opinion.

As a trilogy I agree somewhat - Begins was great, TDK was a masterpiece, TDKR whilst good was flawed.
I totally get the voice thing with Bale but to be honest I only ever noticed it once others started complaining ... you have a problem with Ledger's performance though? Or am I misreading that? I though his take on the Joker was truly brilliant and menacing.
I don't play games but my son raves about the Arkham games :-)

Huggs

Huggs

Yeah, I couldn't get into ledgers performance.

Flailing your lips about and going nuts with your tone and mannerisms isn't mind blowing to me. I think that particular joker would've benefited from a more subtle and ominous performance.

"Why not serious?"

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Man of Steel is a masterpiece. BvS is a masterpiece. TDK is a masterpiece. The tacos I had for dinner were a masterpiece.

This thread lately....

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 11, 2019, 01:07:39 AM
Man of Steel is a masterpiece. BvS is a masterpiece. TDK is a masterpiece. The tacos I had for dinner were a masterpiece.

This thread lately....

https://media.giphy.com/media/exhjgGPD55KSI/giphy.gif

And that..is why I love batman 89.

As for tdk, it makes me the odd man out, but I just never thought much of ledgers performance. It just felt like he was trying way too hard. Two face was done well though.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I think Heath's performance is terrific, but the movie's faults are hidden by it, like how bloated TDK is. Two Face really should have been saved for a different movie in my opinion.

TDK is very good, but no masterpiece, not in my eyes.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I don't mind Bale's Batman voice, but what I don't get is why they changed it for TDK. In Begins he mainly uses a deep voice and only goes growly when he's intimidating Flass. In TDK he's growling in every scene, and in TDKR he's growling and shouting at the same time a lot more, which is for me is the worst it ever gets.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 11, 2019, 01:45:30 AM
I don't mind Bale's Batman voice, but what I don't get is why they changed it for TDK. In Begins he mainly uses a deep voice and only goes growly when he's intimidating Flass. In TDK he's growling in every scene, and in TDKR he's growling and shouting at the same time a lot more, which is for me is the worst it ever gets.

He honed it in Terminator: Salvation  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed