Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,352 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 02, 2019, 05:18:13 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 02, 2019, 05:15:19 PM
Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 02, 2019, 05:10:43 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 02, 2019, 05:04:38 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 02, 2019, 04:55:48 PM
I honestly didn't think much to the sequel - apart from the soundtrack by Junkie XL, which was ace. Overall though it just felt like it was redundant and lacking that special something that made the first so good.

Well they were mostly at sea, and I thought Eva Green was terrific as Artemisia. Sure, the actor who played Themistocles was no Gerald Butler, but nor should he have been in my eyes. Strictly through the prism of the film, many of the Athenians were potters, blacksmiths, carpenters etc. and were not bred to be warriors like the Spartans.

Plus, I never watched a sequel that took place before, during, and after the first film.  It's quite a companion piece to 300 in my eyes.

Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 02, 2019, 05:00:57 PM
I thought it was hilarious that they made a point that the Athenians are regular citizens instead of trained soldiers while every one beeing as buff or even more so than the Spartans in the first one. Than you see Spartans at the end of RoaE and they are even bigger now  :D

Actually, I disagree. I found the Athenians much leaner.

Maybe a little bit. They still look like their trade is more lifting iron than pottery ;)

Hah! Well it is 300 after all!  Even the potters have glistening sexy abs!!!   ;D

But overall, the main characters did look leaner imo, for what it's worth.  :P

Of course, they have to celebrate the male form. They are ancient greeks afterall :D

But seeing them in comparision, you are right, they are a leaner.

Has there ever been so many abs in the AVPG forums before?

I'll be back. I'm going to go do some crunches!

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 02, 2019, 05:26:52 PM
Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 02, 2019, 05:18:13 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 02, 2019, 05:15:19 PM
Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 02, 2019, 05:10:43 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 02, 2019, 05:04:38 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 02, 2019, 04:55:48 PM
I honestly didn't think much to the sequel - apart from the soundtrack by Junkie XL, which was ace. Overall though it just felt like it was redundant and lacking that special something that made the first so good.

Well they were mostly at sea, and I thought Eva Green was terrific as Artemisia. Sure, the actor who played Themistocles was no Gerald Butler, but nor should he have been in my eyes. Strictly through the prism of the film, many of the Athenians were potters, blacksmiths, carpenters etc. and were not bred to be warriors like the Spartans.

Plus, I never watched a sequel that took place before, during, and after the first film.  It's quite a companion piece to 300 in my eyes.

Quote from: The Kurgan on Jan 02, 2019, 05:00:57 PM
I thought it was hilarious that they made a point that the Athenians are regular citizens instead of trained soldiers while every one beeing as buff or even more so than the Spartans in the first one. Than you see Spartans at the end of RoaE and they are even bigger now  :D

Actually, I disagree. I found the Athenians much leaner.

Maybe a little bit. They still look like their trade is more lifting iron than pottery ;)

Hah! Well it is 300 after all!  Even the potters have glistening sexy abs!!!   ;D

But overall, the main characters did look leaner imo, for what it's worth.  :P

Of course, they have to celebrate the male form. They are ancient greeks afterall :D

But seeing them in comparision, you are right, they are a leaner.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/9p8mHahLDMbTO/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c2cf3805254723741ec7b07

Has there ever been so many abs in the AVPG forums before?

I'll be back. I'm going to go do some crunches!

Yeah, this movies can make a dude feel really out of shape  :D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I would like Rise of an Empire more if it was more focused and wasn't a prequel, sequel, and set along side the original all at the same time.

Huggs

Huggs

I liked both 300 films equally. They each brought something different to the table. I loved the combat at sea, I thought Stapleton did a great job and hey, Eva Green...you know. C'mon.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Does it all matter when you can watch the Spartacus series instead?  ;D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Does that matter when you can just watch the Kubrick film? ;D

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 03, 2019, 02:31:44 AM
Does it all matter when you can watch the Spartacus series instead?  ;D

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 03, 2019, 02:37:29 AM

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 03, 2019, 02:37:29 AM

Huggs

Huggs

Shin Godzilla - Bluray

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

The Neon Demon.

Wicked little artsy movie, with mesmerizing and stunning visuals and a certain vileness.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Christine (1983)
Venom
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2

Yeah, that was a weird triple feature.

Huggs

Huggs

Sin City - Bluray

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 05, 2019, 05:49:38 PM
Sin City - Bluray

Sin City was awesome. Too bad they kinda dropped the ball with most of the second one.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Attack of the Adult Babies
Well that certainly was......something. It had absolutely no idea how to end so it just ended randomly

Aquaman
Really enjoyed this. Visually spectacular and had the right balance of light and dark. A lot of fun

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse
Loved this. Visually stunning. Loved the comic book look and such a great voice cast

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed