Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,191 times)

farsightblogger

farsightblogger

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 26, 2018, 01:34:10 PM
Quote from: farsightblogger on Jan 26, 2018, 09:57:00 AMI watched Outland while I worked.

'...or I might just kick your nasty arse all over this room. That's a Marshall joke'.

I re-watched it recently too. There's some really great dialogue in there. Especially from Marshal Waits O'Neil and the doctor.

It's really well written, and the dialogue is a highlight of the movie. The doctor is amazing but you still question her loyalties right up to the end, it's a really claustrophobic movie that really piles on the paranoia. I love it, most likely because of the Alien-like visuals and cinematography.

There are three movies that make a series of films that I'd link together with ease - Blade Runner, Outland and Alien.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: D88M on Jan 25, 2018, 04:52:36 AM
Repo! The Genetic Opera

Better than expected despite the low budget, the songs are good.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jan 24, 2018, 02:08:31 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 24, 2018, 08:58:18 AM
Quote from: SM on Jan 24, 2018, 01:26:43 AMI have a copy of Rocknrolla somewhere that I still haven't watched.  Snatch is one of the greatest flicks ever period.

It doesn't live up to Lock, Stock... or Snatch, but it's still well worth a watch. Mark Strong is excellent in it as always.

Saw Darkest Hour last night. It's one of those films that's elevated no end by the central performance, but when the performance is as good as Oldman's in this - possibly the best of his career - it really doesn't matter. Definitely recommend.

Those russians man...  :laugh:

Thor Ragnarok

I found it actually pretty funny, i expect almost nothing from a Marvel movie in general, but this one entertained me efficiently i must admit.

Well that is ironically the worst of the mcu movie so far, which is saying a lot because most of them are not very good either, but yeah, in the technicall aspect is well made and entertainning, is just so dumb of a movie.

For me it's either the first two Thor movies or Avengers 2  :P

Scorpio

Scorpio

Jumanji 2 - I know it's just a kids movie, it's not a patch on the original though 5/10

SM

SM

Quote from: theDecline84 on Jan 25, 2018, 12:51:01 AM
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Question. how many of the books is the movie based on? is it just the first one?

Bits of the first one (up to Arthur and Ford arriving on the Heart of Gold) plus the Magrathea/ Deep Thought stuff.  Humma Kavula and Trillian being kidnapped by the Vogons was all new.  The stuff at the end with the new Earth was new too.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

In Bruges (2008)
Still in a bit of the British gangster comedy mood.
Almost forgot how great this movie is. Makes me look forward to Three Billboards...

Probably gonna watch Layer Cake next.

Russ

Russ

Have you seen "We Still Kill the Old Way" and "We Still Steal the Old Way"?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Batman: Under the Red Hood

Super 8

Holy crap, that was the mayor from The Wire! :laugh:

And a Bruce Greenwood double feature. :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Yor, The Hunter from the Future

The fact that this is even on blu-ray is completely insane. :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

King Kong Lives (1986)
Hahaha wtf did I just watch. They tried making a Kong movie for $10 Million. Its so laughable but brilliant at the same time. Couple of black comedy deaths too

My Soul To Take
This feels like Wes Craven got bored and decided to mash Scream together with Shocker. It has some interesting moments but overall, left me disappointed

Downsizing
So not the film I was expecting. While I enjoyed it, thinking back on it, it didn't settle on what it wanted to be

Deep Rising
Now this, this is just great. An Underrated Stephen Sommers film with great performances by everyone in the cast. Treat Williams and Kevin J O'Connor are great together

Halloween III: Season of the Witch
A fantastic film that deserved more love at the time. Could have lead to a whole new future to the series. Features one of my top five Horror movie endings ever. EVER

farsightblogger

farsightblogger

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 29, 2018, 12:43:56 PM
Deep Rising
Now this, this is just great. An Underrated Stephen Sommers film with great performances by everyone in the cast. Treat Williams and Kevin J O'Connor are great together

I bloody love that film - it's stupid bonkers gonzo and it knows it, and it revels in it's horror monster movie roots. And the ending is fabulous.

PredBabe

PredBabe

The Big Lebowski

My favorite Coen brothers' movie. Can't get enough of Bridges, Goodman, and Buscemi.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Russ on Jan 27, 2018, 12:11:31 PM

No. But those are more serious movies, no? Not really in the mood for those.
Like Rise Of The Foot Soldier. Great brutal British gangster movie. But at the moment I prefer a hint of comedy.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 29, 2018, 12:43:56 PM
Deep Rising

Good flick that one.

Quote from: PredBabe on Jan 30, 2018, 02:03:57 AM
The Big Lebowski

My favorite Coen brothers' movie. Can't get enough of Bridges, Goodman, and Buscemi.

The Coen Brothers are a bit overrated imo. Big Lewbowski is one of their few originals and their best.
A lot of their movies are adaptations of existing stories. Would rather see of what they can come up with themselves.

Scorpio

Scorpio

After watching Fargo and No Country for Old Men, I cannot call the Coen Bros overrated.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Scorpio on Jan 30, 2018, 07:33:30 AM
After watching Fargo and No Country for Old Men, I cannot call the Coen Bros overrated.

The only one I really like is The Big Lebowski.
Fargo, Burn After Reading, No Country For Old Men, Oh Brother Where Art Thou, Ladykillers,... Those ain't bad but I don't find them great.
And there's a bunch of others I don't care about. But well... That's just like... My opinion, man.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jan 30, 2018, 06:10:39 AM
Quote from: Russ on Jan 27, 2018, 12:11:31 PM

No. But those are more serious movies, no? Not really in the mood for those.
Like Rise Of The Foot Soldier. Great brutal British gangster movie. But at the moment I prefer a hint of comedy.

They're both quite wry in places, the second one definitely lighter in tone than the first. They're at the lower end of the budget spectrum, but you can't have Ogilvy, Ellison, Lyssette Anthony, Stephen Berkoff et al in a film and it be bad. The antagonist in the first one is played by a kid called Danny Boy Hatchard and he was great. Billy Murray is on bad guy duties for the second one and he makes an utterly vile presence in every scene he's in (no mean feat!).

Try to check 'em out if you can.

I LOVED the first Rise of the Footsoldier "It's MILLWALL!" Brilliant. I've not seen the second or third one though - interested to hear your thoughts if you have.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed