International Prometheus Launch Trailer

Started by Valaquen, Apr 27, 2012, 01:05:31 AM

Author
International Prometheus Launch Trailer (Read 152,604 times)

williammcnasty#awesome92

williammcnasty#awesome92

Quote from: Esoteric_Voyage on Apr 29, 2012, 08:43:42 PM
what will bother me about this film is that the original space jockey in ALIEN was way bigger than any of these, these jockeys sizes just look like a big humans, the jockey in ALIEN was absolutely huge, scott emphasised this using children as actors in the wider shots. but even with the full size actors close up to the jockey, they were still small.

yea kinda pissed about that

Eva

Quote from: e.nygma on Apr 29, 2012, 09:36:28 PM
Quote from: Eva on Apr 29, 2012, 09:29:32 PM
Look at Cvaldas screengrabs - the guy whose helmet melts on his face wears glasses (you can make out the rim). I don't believe Milburn makes it back alive - he's toast. Perhaps they bring his body or they leave his remains behind so they can hurry back with the alive victims.

Holloway doesn't look like he's in great shape either. Isn't he the one being supported by Shaw and Ford, screaming in agony, but looking sort of ok... (meaing his face hasn't melted or anything...yet)?
jup, that seems logical, but i cant make out the rim. i am probably not looking at the same thing as you are....
My grab - hope it helps  :)

I really doubt he survives this for more than a couple of seconds...  :o

Looks like Cvalda got the first new international trailer sig going  ;)

Cvalda

Quote from: Sigglas on Apr 29, 2012, 09:46:08 PM
Are you serious? How can you base your facts about wooden perfomances/bad dialouge from 3 trailers and maybe 10 lines of dialouge in total? The only "stiff" perfomance I've noticed is Holloway, but that has been in scenes out of context, and I'm sure it will be fine in the full movie.

Kess

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Apr 29, 2012, 09:21:15 PM
Anyone starting to think that somehow all the crew get infected and the xenomorph/facehugger being able to "adapt" to everything it attaches adapts to their helmets and that's why the aliens in the movies later on have those domed shaped skulls as part of their 'mutations'?

I wondered the same.  Didn't Ridley Scott say something about the spacesuit helmet design being of significance?

SpeedyMaxx

I just think it's hasty to decide 'this character/actor sucks', much less that it's a day-glo campfest.

It is a very different film from Alien, yes, and was intended as such.  And that's fine.  But I think it's important to remember also that Scott has said many, many times that his purpose with both films was also to, in the end, scare the hell out of a people.  Alien was a haunted house movie, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre in space.  The psychosexual elements were trappings, suggestive.  Prometheus is also intended to scare the hell out of people, while also play with big grandiose ideas.  So if we have a mash-up of, say, Forbidden Planet (which, despite its dated elements, is still powerful, moody, dreamlike and influential to this day, to the point that a very Prometheus-esque prequel trilogy was almost greenlit) and Texas Chainsaw, I'm very happy.  Scares and ideas.

fakk3

Hello Boy! ;D

ThisBethesdaSea

I would concede that Theron's delivery is quite flat....but I wouldn't and COULDN'T base the acting from the entire 2 hours off of the 3 to 4 lines of dialogue I've heard.

So far, this film looks like NOTHING I've seen before, aside from the ALIEN-like territory they're in.

williammcnasty#awesome92

williammcnasty#awesome92

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 29, 2012, 09:02:11 PM

You decide. :)

hahaha thank you for pointing this out i dont even understand why its like a huge topic of discussion

e.nygma

Quote from: Eva on Apr 29, 2012, 09:47:59 PM
Look at Cvaldas screengrabs - the guy whose helmet melts on his face wears glasses (you can make out the rim). I don't believe Milburn makes it back alive - he's toast. Perhaps they bring his body or they leave his remains behind so they can hurry back with the alive victims.

Holloway doesn't look like he's in great shape either. Isn't he the one being supported by Shaw and Ford, screaming in agony, but looking sort of ok... (meaing his face hasn't melted or anything...yet)?
jup, that seems logical, but i cant make out the rim. i am probably not looking at the same thing as you are....

http://i48.tinypic.com/2hib5lw.jpg

Thanks, now I see the rim. Yeah, it seem like such a cruel way to go. Being trapped in a suit while acid devours your face...... The 1080p version, if one will arrive, should make things even clearer.

williammcnasty#awesome92

williammcnasty#awesome92

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 29, 2012, 09:10:50 PM
Quote from: Eva on Apr 29, 2012, 09:05:16 PM
Imo there's a humanoid nose ridge and deep humanoid eyesockets visible. Those features are not on the helmet design.

That's because that's the face behind the mask:)

Quote from: VickersAsh on Apr 29, 2012, 09:05:57 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 29, 2012, 09:02:11 PM

You decide. :)

idk. the 'eyes' on the exploded head seem to be too high up to match with the untouched jockey helmet
maybe we're seeing what we want to see

It works, it's a matter of the change in depth too. If you're losing an inch off the front for the mask to reveal the face, that would explain the change in perspective.

Besides, who says they actually use their eyes to look out the "holes" in the helmet? More than likely we're dealing with some kind of a biogenic link. The helmet having it's own eyes entirely, so they don't have to match up necessarily. :)

well it is also in mid explosion

Melack

williammcnasty#awesome92

williammcnasty#awesome92

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 29, 2012, 09:12:42 PM
I can't even articulate how f**king amazing this movie is looking.

This shot freaks me the f**k out of me.

Glad to see there'll be some red shirts in the movie, look like deck crewmen. Preeetty sure they're about to be horrifically slaughtered.

yea i really wanna know what that is thats what really interested me

Game_Over_Man

I don't think Theron's delivery is flat - I think it's perfectly detached in a cynical business like way...however, you see her panic with "Take us home'

I think she might play a far more significant role than we might imagine. I think she could be the real leader figure - more Ripley than Noomi will be.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Mastes1 on Apr 29, 2012, 09:46:19 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 29, 2012, 09:39:05 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 29, 2012, 09:12:42 PM

This shot freaks me the f**k out of me.

This shot does remind me of a very Alien moment.

'sigh' that screen makes me think of what this film could of been, in stead we get humanoid space jockeys and dumb looking mutated mohawk man as bad guys. :-\
Ohhh, no lame repeeeeaaats?

Chaaaange?

Say it ain't soooo!  :-[

predxeno

Quote from: Eva on Apr 29, 2012, 09:47:59 PM

http://i48.tinypic.com/2hib5lw.jpg

Doesn't that kind of look like Kane's Son from the first film?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed