International Prometheus Launch Trailer

Started by Valaquen, Apr 27, 2012, 01:05:31 AM

Author
International Prometheus Launch Trailer (Read 151,854 times)

predxeno

I don't know which I'm more amped for; A:CM or this.

SpeedyMaxx

I'm not sure that's an overdub of Noomi Rapace ("if we don't stop it...") so much as a different take.  We've seen a number of different takes on certain lines used throughout the promotional cycle.  I personally prefer the take from the first full trailer.

That was something else.  Looks like Vickers may be faced with the same dilemma Ripley faced in Alien - letting an infected crewmember back onboard.  Ripley made the right choice, though it was taken out of her hands; I think Vickers must relent.

LOVED the shot of the holographic Engineers, and the helmet.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: predxeno on Apr 29, 2012, 08:29:46 PM
I don't know which I'm more amped for; A:CM or this.

For me, definitely this. A:CM doesn't even come close to how amazing this looks.

I can't get that trailer out of my mind!  :o I need to see it again!

OpenMaw

Quote from: 180924609 on Apr 29, 2012, 08:28:36 PM

I'm rather loving this design. It's very threatening. Reminds me of a python.

SpeedyMaxx

I love Rafe Spall from Edgar Wright's films and want as much of him in the film as possible, but you have to wonder how stupid Milburn has to be to want to play with that thing.  It even looks like a (penis) cobra.

Snowdog

Quote from: OpenMaw on Apr 29, 2012, 08:31:55 PM

I'm rather loving this design. It's very threatening. Reminds me of a python.

Yeah it's quite unique and i like it a lot ;D

OmegaZilla

Proto-hugger?

Mmmmmm.

Very cool little critter. Straight outta something Barlowe.

SpeedyMaxx

A few other things to notice - presumably that's Holloway being hauled back to the ship when the guy keels over in two crewmates' arms.  The crewmates are Shaw and Ford - she doesn't die first time out as I wondered.

aliennaire

Proto-hugger?

Mmmmmm.

Cobra fscehagger, as someone have defined this form before in this thread!  :)

Nice trailer!

Also, what can you guys make out of this:

The skeleton of SJ's (Engineer's, blue race) baby? It looks too tiny in comparison to David!

DJ Pu$$yface

Goddamn. 2:33 looks pretty gruesome.

dizmo101

It's not the Space Jokeys head that explodes. It's look like Milburn after his helmet melts onto his face!

OpenMaw

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 29, 2012, 08:33:39 PM
I love Rafe Spall from Edgar Wright's films and want as much of him in the film as possible, but you have to wonder how stupid Milburn has to be to want to play with that thing.  It even looks like a (penis) cobra.

Gotta think of it from the scientific perspective. If the trailer is showing us that scene as it really is, the creature does seem to pause before it attacks. So it's intentions are questionable.

For humanity encountering this creature is a big deal.

It's also very true to the scene in Alien with Kane and the egg. The audience is practically screaming "Don't go there" and Kane still has to take a peak inside.

Same results. :)

ripp3r

Quote from: aliennaire on Apr 29, 2012, 08:37:37 PM
Proto-hugger?

Mmmmmm.

Cobra fscehagger, as someone have defined this form before in this thread!  :)

Nice trailer!

Also, what can you guys make out of this:

The skeleton of SJ's (Engineer's, blue race) baby? It looks too tiny in comparison to David!

Is that the decapitated body on the ground of the ampule room, seen in that magazine cover so long ago?

Firestorm

Redbull69

Quote from: dizmo101 on Apr 29, 2012, 08:39:17 PM
It's not the Space Jokeys head that explodes. It's look like Milburn after his helmet melts onto his face!

There is definately a humen-esque head in there 1:49 not sure whose though, mouth looks wide oped?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed