"The demon who makes trophies out of men" and Isabelle

Started by KirklandSignature, May 05, 2010, 12:08:39 AM

Author
"The demon who makes trophies out of men" and Isabelle (Read 7,616 times)

KirklandSignature

Not sure if this is the exact quote from "Predator" but considering the fact that Isabelle is from South America. Once they realize they're being hunted, Do you think Isabelle will tell the others about "the demon who makes trophies out of men" myth? I think it would be a nice way to tie this movie to the original, dont ya think?

Federick Gonsa

I think that it will happen similar to that.

Spoiler
RR said that the story will be tied to the original as in the form of a ghost story.
[close]

Corporate Merc

Spoiler
In the script she tells them she heard a story about a group of spec-op soldiers (dutch's squad) that was hunted by some creature.
[close]
It could be totally different though in the actual film.

ArielAleXCo

México is still northen america.

bleau

Quote from: ArielAleXCo on May 05, 2010, 05:47:16 AM

Latin does not mean just Mexican, could be Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile etc. The actress Alice Braga is from Brazil. I don't know what you mean by saying Mexico is still North America, unless you think Isabelle is Mexican.

Federick Gonsa

Predator was not in Mexico either. It was shot there, but in the film, they were not in Mexico.

Dark Jester

That scene in the original movie cracks me up each time I see, the bit that she speaks in spanish is so fast that its sounds "gibberish" and the look on Arnies face afterwards (when they do a close up on him) is just hilarious - he has a "SAY WHAT?!" expression..

Anna: When I was little, we found a man. He looked like... like, butchered. The old woman in the village crossed themselves... and whispered crazy things - strange things. "El Diablo mehaplppepespeedegonzalesjuangustavopepemexicanofajita los hombres." Only in the hottest years this happens - and this year, it grows hot. We begin finding our men. We found them sometimes without their skins... and sometimes much, much worse......."El Diablo mehaplppepespeedegonzalesjuangustavopepemexicanofajita los hombres" means "the demon who makes trophies of men".

CLOSE UP ON CONFUSED LOOKING DUTCH (thinkings "Say what biatch?!")

Highland

Quote from: Dark Jester on May 05, 2010, 10:42:24 AM
That scene in the original movie cracks me up each time I see, the bit that she speaks in spanish is so fast that its sounds "gibberish" and the look on Arnies face afterwards (when they do a close up on him) is just hilarious - he has a "SAY WHAT?!" expression..

Anna: When I was little, we found a man. He looked like... like, butchered. The old woman in the village crossed themselves... and whispered crazy things - strange things. "El Diablo mehaplppepespeedegonzalesjuangustavopepemexicanofajita los hombres." Only in the hottest years this happens - and this year, it grows hot. We begin finding our men. We found them sometimes without their skins... and sometimes much, much worse......."El Diablo mehaplppepespeedegonzalesjuangustavopepemexicanofajita los hombres" means "the demon who makes trophies of men".

Ha ha, I know what you mean. Her character always interests me in the movie, she survives but yet we don't really give a f**k about her as an audience at any point.

huntin8-t0n

Hey, I think she was pretty cool, and I think she wasn't that unimportant at all :)

But I don't think Isabelle will tell something like that to the others. She's more like a fighter type, not a survivor like Anna. It wouldn't fit her.

Lost Predator

I liked Anna, the character. I am surprised she wasn't used after P1. I mean Dutch was rumored how many times to appear in different Predator films, but Anna barely (and I mean BARELY) even makes it into P2.

The Captain

I thought the Anna character was quite mysterious. Mysterious and très attrayant

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Federick Gonsa on May 05, 2010, 07:23:15 AM

Predator was not in Mexico either. It was shot there, but in the film, they were not in Mexico.

Good friend,

According to my source(top men), the film "Predator" takes place in a fictional South American country called Val Verde. This is the same country that "Commando" featured as well.

- The Watcher

Griffith

Quote from: Dark Jester on May 05, 2010, 10:42:24 AM

"El diablo cazador de hombres o el demonio que convierte a los hombres en trofeos" I guess that's the line of dialogue.

speedegonzalesjuangustavopepemexicanofajita <<---- LMAO very funny xD

BleedMarshall

My spanish is a bit rusty, but i think it may be...

el demonio que hace trofeos fuera de hombres = the demon who makes trophies out of men

...but I could be wrong. *shrugs*

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed