"original" predator concept art? (spoiler?)

Started by ArielAleXCo, Mar 15, 2010, 03:02:27 PM

Author
"original" predator concept art? (spoiler?) (Read 22,883 times)

ArielAleXCo

Xenokiller

Yes. I second that

darthmaul1

are you nuts? that sucked ass that is why the whole shooting crew sent it back and went to stan winston.

RoaryUK

Quote from: ArielAleXCo on Mar 15, 2010, 03:02:27 PM
Ok. Ive heard that there is going to be the original predator, but watching this imagen. I keep wondering if this is the original predator (before stand windstone) whose head is being rip off. (somebody mentioned battle- then head ripping)

although.. the original predator was more "brown". What do you think?

Since this is officially concept art I'm also thinking this picture COULD be an early version of the Predator Hounds... it's possible anyways....

jaztermareal

Quote from: darthmaul1 on Mar 16, 2010, 02:50:04 AM
are you nuts? that sucked ass that is why the whole shooting crew sent it back and went to stan winston.
it doesnt suck ass!
i love the winston pred, but i like that bug pred more. less human. i think it would look great in a movie of its own.

CEP

No. No it wouldnt.

jaztermareal

Quote from: CEP on Mar 16, 2010, 02:52:01 PM
No. No it wouldnt.

your opinion!
im not saying replace the current pred, just give this creature design the opportunity to appear in a movie (not even related to predator or alien if you like).
seriously , if you dislike the original design, say why. dont just say 'because it isnt winstons' but rather point out what areas of the design you dislike. i think that despite being humanoid in shape, it looks great. the bug eyes could be changed a little but in the right lighting, it would be creepy as hell! give it a movie!

ColdDeadEyes

thats clearly not a Predator....

/uninstall

ColdDeadEyes

the more i look at it, you cant be serious? its clearly insect/humanoid of some sort, id more associate a Predator with a reptile then an insect.....if its and earlier Pred then your saying that this would be a more de-evolved Pred? if this is the case your clearly clutchin at straws on this one....

or am i totally missing the point?

Dark Jester

Quote from: ArielAleXCo on Mar 15, 2010, 03:02:27 PM
Ok. Ive heard that there is going to be the original predator, but watching this imagen. I keep wondering if this is the original predator (before stand windstone) whose head is being rip off. (somebody mentioned battle- then head ripping)

although.. the original predator was more "brown". What do you think?

I think this is the "stick-man/insect" creature that Isabelle shoots down in the script.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: ColdDeadEyes on Mar 16, 2010, 04:11:53 PM
the more i look at it, you cant be serious? its clearly insect/humanoid of some sort, id more associate a Predator with a reptile then an insect.....if its and earlier Pred then your saying that this would be a more de-evolved Pred? if this is the case your clearly clutchin at straws on this one....

or am i totally missing the point?
What he is saying is it is similar to the FIRST design off the pred they obviously choose to go with Stans version later on. IMO it is a small throw back that only us avp nerds understand. I think

Master

I still hope that one day I`ll see this creature in duel with Predator, in intro to the next film.

It looks very good.

Danger Close

It would be some pretty cool fan service to bring back this design for a hunt scene.

Dark Jester

Quote from: Master on Mar 16, 2010, 04:42:33 PM
I still hope that one day I`ll see this creature in duel with Predator, in intro to the next film.
http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/2/potd/1222215738_15.jpg
It looks very good.

may be this is the creature (or something close to it) that Isabelle shoots in the jungle?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed