'Predators' to Start Filming Sept. 28

Started by JaredK21, Aug 14, 2009, 03:55:44 PM

Author
'Predators' to Start Filming Sept. 28 (Read 12,463 times)

Mr. Weyland

I still not sure about this 'Predators' the story sound damn horrible, if it works, it works, but if it fails, I imagine this doing more damage than the AVP films combined.

I mean what year is it set, now or Alien movie timeline?

Pvt. Hicks

Alien movie timeline? Why would it be set during the Alien timeline? It's on another planet, in the Predator timeline, presumably in the future...

locusta

very, very tight schedule. I wonder, if all designs are settled by now. I mean, you don´t build those rubber suits in 4 or 5 weeks and all the probs. And they don´t got much time for postpro. So not much CG effects I would guess. Not bad If they make the most in camera, if it´s done well. Let´s wait and see.

Spidey3121

Yeah, well they got that 4 or 5 weeks between now and the shoot date. I'm still very skeptical about the specifics of the story though. I like the general aspects - humans stranded on a foreign world with Predators (do we know if it actually is the Predator home world?). I guess we'll just have to wait + see...

Pvt. Hicks

Oh well. We don't know anything. They're the filmmakers. They gotta do what they gotta do.

RakaiThwei

Thats not enough time to get things done right, if you ask me. We've got a shoddy script, a suspiscious director and lets not forget an unusual time release. Why so soon? It just doesn't make any sense.

-Rakai'Thwei

Johnny Handsome

QuoteYeah, well they got that 4 or 5 weeks between now and the shoot date.
Rodriguez said several weeks ago that K.N.B is already doing effects work on it, add that to the 4 or 5 weeks they start to shoot in and everything is fine and dandy.

That on the other hand means they already have the guys who are playing the Predators for the molds, and that on the other hand makes me curious of who they are.
Thats not enough time to get things done right, if you ask me.
Why so soon? It just doesn't make any sense.
Thats what i posted earlier in this thread:
You seem to forget that Rodriguez always works that way, he started to write a script and the movie came out 6 months after! I don't know which one it was though, but a one that included heavy special effects.

They are already writing for months now, the script might as well be finshed until next week for all we know, and the cast? He already said he has a few people in mind months ago, so that shouldn't be a problem either.

Maybe the movie feels rushed for a big studio movie, but not for Rodriguez, he always done movies that way, its part of what makes studios come to him in the first place. Fast, in budget and quality movies.

echobbase79

They might just start shooting Predator stuff at first.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Sounds good to me and I hope nothing gets screw up in the making.

Mr. Weyland

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Aug 14, 2009, 06:36:26 PM
Alien movie timeline? Why would it be set during the Alien timeline? It's on another planet, in the Predator timeline, presumably in the future...

By alien timeline, i just mean the future.

RakaiThwei

I don't understand why everyone has so much faith in Rodriguez, considering that he has said he was using the 1994 treatment but with parts being re-written. I want to like this film, I want it to be an enjoyable Predator film but there are so many things which I just don't like such as the script and to me, as someone on the forum once said, Rodriguez makes everything we once knew about the Predator seems wrong because he either didn't agree with what was established in Predator 2.

Seriously, I want to know, what makes Rodriguez's vision so special considering the shoddy script he wrote in 94?

And since Finch and Litvak are new writers, and with Rodriguez having full control, how can there be so much hope?

I'm confused people, someone please explain it to me.

-Rakai'Thwei

Johnny Handsome

QuoteI don't understand why everyone has so much faith in Rodriguez, considering that he has said he was using the 1994 treatment but with parts being re-written.
Because he didn't say that, he said the opposite actually.

They are writing a new script with elements from the old draft.

And to be true, i don't mind the gladiator idea anymore, if its done right this could turn out pretty sweet. The first one did beat the shit out of Arnold in the jungle, i can see the same thing within a Predator arena.

Spidey3121

We're simply trying to be somewhat optimistic...? I mean, yes it's based of this '94 draft which sucks but we still don't know what story elements will make it in - or what anything will look like - or who is in the film. There is no reason to be so negative when we no so little. I don't automatically think this film will be great but i'm not going to say this films sucks when we hardly no anything about it.

Drago-Morph

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Aug 14, 2009, 04:11:34 PM
QuoteThey haven't even got a finalised script or cast yet, so I heavily doubt this.
You seem to forget that Rodriguez always works that way, he started to write a script and the movie came out 6 months after! I don't know which one it was though, but a one that included heavy special effects.

They are already writing for months now, the script might as well be finshed until next week for all we know, and the cast? He already said he has a few people in mind months ago, so that shouldn't be a problem either.

Maybe the movie feels rushed for a big studio movie, but not for Rodriguez, he always done movies that way, its part of what makes studios come to him in the first place. Fast, in budget and quality movies.

Its part of Rodriguez's process, i don't worry the slightest bit about the release date and time, they will pull it off.

I understand that, as long as you understand almost all of his movies were received poorly. The only movies with decent ratings were the all-action-no-plot FX fests. He can get the movie out by that date, maybe, but it probably won't be good at all.

Johnny Handsome

QuoteI understand that, as long as you understand almost all of his movies were received poorly.
Only as long as you understand that i don't give the slightest shit about ratings and how movies are received.

As long as i like it I'm fine with it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed