Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 740,141 times)

Randomizer

Randomizer

The joys of having Covies speaking English again:

"I'm surrendering, come close to me !"  :laugh:

-----------------------------------------------

New Hunt the Truth Episode (I'm 2 episodes late, gotta catch up).

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 20, 2015, 12:21:58 PM
http://news.xbox.com/2015/10/games-listen-to-the-entire-halo-5-guardians-soundtrack-right-now

Listen to soundtrack early.

First thing I did was listen to the "End Game" song and trying to figure out the ending. And with this I have to confess something, because I'm a sinful bastard:

Btw, I loved "Blue Team". <3

Spoiler
Accidentally clicked on a NeoGAF Spoiler tag. It was marked, of course, but I continued. You know what they say: "Curiosity killed the cat.". Weirdly enough I saw Frank'O Connor replying in there. I also saw the ending (not the actual ending, but more like the context). Needless to say, I don't feel spoiled at all. The things I've seen feel too ridiculous to be put as an actual ending. There was also an image attached to it. But I won't post it. I hope you fare better than me. Although I will send it if you PM me.

Forgive me, priest, for I have sinned !
[close]

In other ideas, for those who would love to buy the LE or LCE but can't. Here are Locke's Classified Orders and Blue Team Dossiers: http://imgur.com/a/wx5ua

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Randomizer on Oct 21, 2015, 02:12:49 PM
The joys of having Covies speaking English again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIy-tPoZCzw

Love it! xD Really pumped for this!

Quote from: Randomizer on Oct 21, 2015, 02:12:49 PM

Btw, I loved "Blue Team". <3

Me too. I really love that new theme from Halo 4.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I listened to #4 on the way to work this morning. Loved it. They actually made the Jackals scary. Wasn't too keen on the Ship Mistresses' voice actor but over all, I enjoyed it. Will listen to #5 on the way home.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Spoiler
Spartan Locke got Armor - Locked.  :laugh:

Spoiler
No, really, he was defeated with Armor Lock. Oh, the irony.  :laugh:

Spoiler
During the Chief vs. Locke fight, Chief locks Locke in Armor Lock and escapes.
Spoiler
I'm going to take a break. xD From what I've seen, Halo 5 looks like well-written fanfiction.
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

EDIT: + 1 spoiler tag, just to be on the safe side

Ok guys, I have good news. I can now confirm the ending isn't a cliffhanger a-la Halo 2. The problem is if you will either like it or not, because _______ . In my opinion, the ending was a bit disappointing.

Minor Spoiler (a big nod to Halo 3)

Spoiler
The final objective was "Finish the fight" !  ;)
[close]

The after-the-credits ending suggests a good surprise in Halo 6 !

Don't know if it is supposed to be just a joke or if it's also real, but here ya go, I payed it all for you anyway:

Spoiler
Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Randomizer on Oct 23, 2015, 05:58:51 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRP_zL6WG38

Don't know if it is supposed to be just a joke or if it's also real, but here ya go, I payed it all for you anyway:

Spoiler
Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck Buck
[close]

That tickled me more than it should have. xD

Looks like the first episode of Fall of Reach is out on the Halo Channel. Halo 5: Live should have started by now but it's not on yet.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Be careful guys, they're becoming self aware !  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm in the last stretch of the game. Really enjoying it. Just taking a pizza break.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

And just finished the game. Over all, I really enjoyed this. More than I did Halo 4 - which I still loved. It was just full of feels and 5 is equally as full of feels. I'd never hated the Prometheans but they were much better balanced in this entry. The game itself was gorgeous and ran immensely well.

I thought the game was a little too heavy on the Osiris missions and would have loved to have seen more of Blue Team, especially as this was the first time we've seen them together in game. Loved all the new abilities - they worked so well together. I feel I underused the ground pound though.

Lots of those intel logs is great. I just about managed half on each mission on my first playthrough (which was to experience the story). It was a little steeped in the lore - which I don't mind, but Palmer and Halsey not wanting to kill each other was jarring without having finished off the comics. Should be doing it again shortly on co-op with a buddy and then I'll try and experience some MP.

Story and finale spoilers -

Spoiler
Wow. Just wow. I would never have expected it to have played out that way and I love it. Twisting it on its head like that was just amazing. Those feels of betrayal and insanity. Man. I really don't think she survived rampancy per-se. I can see why some might not have liked it but I just completely and utterly dig it.
[close]

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I honestly can't say I enjoyed this one, except for two missions it didn't live up to any of the hype imo.

Randomizer

Randomizer

I liked where they took the story, but I think 343 could've focused on something else instead of this.

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Oct 28, 2015, 05:08:40 AM
I honestly can't say I enjoyed this one, except for two missions it didn't live up to any of the hype imo.

May I ask you which missions? I really enjoyed the first and final Blue Team missions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the Grunt lovers:

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Randomizer on Oct 28, 2015, 01:59:15 PM
I liked where they took the story, but I think 343 could've focused on something else instead of this.

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Oct 28, 2015, 05:08:40 AM

May I ask you which missions? I really enjoyed the first and final Blue Team missions.

Blue Teams first mission (Argent Moon) was the best mission of the whole game imo, the second best mission is the one that has Locke's team going assaulting the covenant city with the Arbiter's forces. I forget the name of it.

Besides those two missions and the new (awesome) aiming mechanics the game just isn't as good as the previous titles.
I actually liked Lockes team but honestly not in the role that they're playing. I would have preferred it'd been other Spartan 2's who actually went after Master Chief. Grey team could have been brought in from the books, so could Black team had they not all been killed off panel in the comics (BIG waste of Spartan 2's in my mind).
Even if they didn't go that route just for the sake of using the S4's I wonder why they didn't put Thorne on Lockes team in place of Tanaka, or why they didn't use the surviving S3's that would have been with Fred, Kelly, and Linda.

Spoiler

The story seemed to be forced together, and it seemed like there was supposed to be more missions for Blue team who got basically sidelined. Chief and Blue team honestly may as well not have been in the game since they felt the need to force Locke down our throats even more so than the Arbiter in H2.
There was a distinct lack of human weapons compared to the previous games and that really irked me. I felt like I Ran out of ammo in all my human weapons by the second encounter with a group of enemies. I don't care for the covie weapons besides the Carbine and I hate the Promethean weapons. Aesthetically everything also felt A LOT smaller. The pelicans seemed cramped, the wart hogs and the scorpions seemed like toys with the Spartans crewing them.
Warden Eternal was an interesting character, but boss fights have never belonged in Halo.

My biggest complaint besides the lack of Chief and Blue team though has to be Cortana. I can't even begin to put into words how stupid and out of character her betrayal of John and turn on humanity is. It's like the writer of the game had watched Terminator the night before deciding on his villain and then decided to make turn Cortana into the Halo version of Skynet.

[close]

I'm done ranting now. It just doesn't feel like Halo, Campaign or Multiplayer.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Oct 28, 2015, 10:58:57 PM
Blue Teams first mission (Argent Moon) was the best mission of the whole game imo, the second best mission is the one that has Locke's team going assaulting the covenant city with the Arbiter's forces. I forget the name of it.

Battle of Sunaion. I think it's, like, the 10th mission or so.

Grey team could have been brought in from the books

There was an article saying that Eric Nylund wanted to do something with Grey Team, but it never happened. I doubt we'll see them in games either.

so could Black team had they not all been killed off panel in the comics (BIG waste of Spartan 2's in my mind).

Maybe 343 didn't know what do to with them and decided to avoid making something stupid with their story, so they just killed Black Team. We don't know if they went down without a serious fight or were just teddy bears to the Didact.

Even if they didn't go that route just for the sake of using the S4's I wonder why they didn't put Thorne on Lockes team in place of Tanaka, or why they didn't use the surviving S3's that would have been with Fred, Kelly, and Linda.

Same-same for me. Tanaka didn't feel any special, but I think it was nice to see some new faces. And having Buck the only Spartan we were familiar with...it made Osiris overall better.

343 loves their S-IV's

Spoiler
The story seemed to be forced together, and it seemed like there was supposed to be more missions for Blue team who got basically sidelined. Chief and Blue team honestly may as well not have been in the game since they felt the need to force Locke down our throats even more so than the Arbiter in H2.
[close]

Spoiler
If they actually spiced things up between Chief and Locke, it would've been awesome to play most of the game as Osiris.
[close]
[/quote]

Spoiler
There was a distinct lack of human weapons compared to the previous games and that really irked me. I felt like I Ran out of ammo in all my human weapons by the second encounter with a group of enemies. I don't care for the covie weapons besides the Carbine and I hate the Promethean weapons. Aesthetically everything also felt A LOT smaller. The pelicans seemed cramped, the wart hogs and the scorpions seemed like toys with the Spartans crewing them.
Warden Eternal was an interesting character, but boss fights have never belonged in Halo.
[close]

That sucks. Promethean weapons should never be the main arsenal.

Nothing better than the olde'  Warthog Run, right?  :laugh:

Spoiler
My biggest complaint besides the lack of Chief and Blue team though has to be Cortana. I can't even begin to put into words how stupid and out of character her betrayal of John and turn on humanity is. It's like the writer of the game had watched Terminator the night before deciding on his villain and then decided to make turn Cortana into the Halo version of Skynet.
[close]

As I said, they could've focused on better things like this. I mean, all the "ONI is Satan" thing, the Guardians...

Spoiler
...and then we find out the Guardians were just Cortana's play-toys to "ring peace across the whole galaxy".

Wheatley did it, HAL did it, Shodan did it, Durandal did it, Ultron did it, heck, even Mendicant Bias did it...but now Cortana? 343 failed for a common Sci-Fi cliche.
[close]

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Loving this game, the campaign had some weird moments but I liked it, but the soundtrack is amazing
It's like someone combined Halo 3, Halo 4, and the Avengers

D. Compton Ambrose

D. Compton Ambrose

I honestly liked it a lot. The only campaign stories I like more than Guardians would have to be ODST and, the as-of-yet untoppable, Combat Evolved.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They talked about it in the Live round tables. Thorne was originally going to be in it but the actor was busy, I believe, a Fillion was available.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed