Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 740,163 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

8.0, actually. And it's a 10 year old game with an admirable grapical touch-up. There're bugs and annoying issues like brutal framerate drops they should have fixed but ignored labeling them as 'nostalgia'. I'm not a big IGN review fan, but an 8 is completely fair... you just sound like a whiney COD flamer, so if you would please...

You act like they're rating Halo CE alone. Go back and read their review at the time of its release .

In other news, Adam Kovic of Inside Gaming was told back at HaloFest by Frank O'Connor that Halo 4 was initially going to have no multiplayer at all.

Even if you're a campaign only gamer, you know that wouldn't be a Halo game by today's standards (est 2004...). The importance it has for the series is f**king monumental, how in the hell did they ever even consider releasing a Halo game (nevermind it being labeled the Halo 4) with no MP? This is ridiculous, they're lucky that this hasn't been something they've been willing to talk about with everybody... because now I'm just expecting some lucklaster tacked on stuff like a Halo: Reach multiplayer expansion.

...And please don't get me started on their hesitation to comment on a new engine/grapics for Halo 4 instead of recycling Reach's...

I'll link that Q&A podcast and the time the comment is at (these things have been like 2 and a half hours) as soon as I find it. And Adam Kovic (Dead Pixel)? Dude never bullshits, and he's spoken with Frank O'Connor on many occasions... and all of those occasions were edit-heavy.

/disgruntledfanboymode

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Anyone down for some co-op? 

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

If I had the game I'd be down, I'll probably have it later today

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I beat the first three levels and found all three of the terminals. Haven't found any skulls.
The terminals are very, very intriguing, especially the third one. I really can't wait to find the rest.

So yeah, I'm happy with my purchase :) Can't wait to beat it and then try out the new maps.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Don't know about everyone else but these skulls are really hard to find, only gotten the Mythic and Famine skulls so far.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Nightlord on Nov 16, 2011, 06:06:47 PM
Don't know about everyone else but these skulls are really hard to find, only gotten the Mythic and Famine skulls so far.

How are you doing with terminals? Only played the first three levels here, and all three were fairly easy to find. Awesome videos, too.

Unfortunately I won't be able to play CEA tonight, but I'm hoping to get a level or two in tomorrow, and then beat it over the weekend. Then I'll go skull hunting and play the new maps :)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Some of this stuff is just incredible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZWTDh0icZU#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC1v5W5k5XQ#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbBeHDzFf-U#

They nailed one of my favorite themes: 0:53 to 1:40. I love how they put an original spin on it with some of the choir and string arrangement, sounds fantastic.

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Too bad the new singing sounds like utter shit.  Made me switch back to classic after the first two levels.

Nightlord

Nightlord

I've had it on classic music from the get go, once you've listened to Martin O'Donnell there is no substitute.

One thing i've noticed is that the new sound effects are way to loud and usually drown out the music and sometimes the dialog as well, if you want to hear anything don't touch the rocket launcher, things a beast.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 16, 2011, 08:29:53 PM
Quote from: Nightlord on Nov 16, 2011, 06:06:47 PM

How are you doing with terminals? Only played the first three levels here, and all three were fairly easy to find. Awesome videos, too.

Only found five of them, seen the one on the library but i'd have had to backtrack to get it so didn't get it incase more flood appeared.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Nightlord on Nov 17, 2011, 06:11:12 PM
Only found five of them, seen the one on the library but i'd have had to backtrack to get it so didn't get it incase more flood appeared.

Ahh, makes sense. I just beat level four and found that terminal as well. Probably won't be getting on anymore today or tomorrow, so I guess I'll have to beat the next six over the weekend.

Quote from: Nightlord on Nov 17, 2011, 06:11:12 PM
I've had it on classic music from the get go, once you've listened to Martin O'Donnell there is no substitute.

Not saying its better than Marty, but did you hear the Halo Legends music? That was excellent. As was Halo Wars'music

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Yeah, at least as far as the original musical stuff goes, it's in the right hands to be passed to... though I doubt we'll get something as iconic as the Covenant theme, Truth & Reconciliation Suite/Behold A Pale Horse, etc.

Then again, Stephen Rippy did an amazing job with Halo Wars', they should get him back for some collaboration.

Nightmare Asylum

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

It's all just so delicious...

Personal favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru81XpuF4iE#ws

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Nov 17, 2011, 09:59:56 PMIt's all just so delicious...

Personal favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru81XpuF4iE#ws
Jesus, that was beautiful. :o :'(

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I'm nearing the end of Keys in CEA and just found the terminal (the ifrst one I found since level four) and wow, that was amazing. Like, really great.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed