Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 740,231 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 12, 2011, 11:28:14 PM
That doesn't mean ONI isn't going to be involved. Just that, nothing is confirmed yet.
They likely aren't. I had never thought of that, and I doubt the people at 343i will have either. ONI has always been an aspect of the story that catered to the more story-involved fans, treading lightly on it in ODST and Reach. They just need more cool operatives like Dare to appear in the series... but that would have been best in the past. With the Covenant.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Actually, I would be really interested in seeing how ONI deals with the Chief's new discoveries, should he ever come into contact with the UNSC again.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Keep him in captivity, dissect Cortana file by file, question him on every waking moment he's had on a/the Forerunner structure. You know, the un-rested veteran coming home and being welcomed with a shitload of paperwork.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 12, 2011, 11:28:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nWhPmPbOik#ws

I've heard that track in some of these fan-made trailers being done for that competition. Very good tracks so far. I do feel kinda bad for Operation: Chasity though, with Faith getting all this mega attention. I doubt Operation is gonna get this big.

I'm feeling really invigorated for Halo again. I feel I maybe getting that last Reach DLC pack and getting back on it this weekend.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Hur.....
Even if game nights are dead maybe we should organize to play for a while on Saturday and Sunday

Aeus

Aeus

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Aeus on Jun 13, 2011, 09:34:37 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 13, 2011, 01:37:28 AM
Keep him in captivity

Goodluck
I don't mean like with restraints, but in some kind of complex; not a prison. The way I pictured it when writing that was kind of like a resort... just with a shitload of paperwork.

Also, John isn't exactly the 'rampant' type. Tenacious, yes, but I doubt he would kill or disable any UNSC/ONI personell to escape answering a ton of questions.

It's not like I'm seriously laying out an outline for a game.  :laugh:

Aeus

Aeus

Hah, well you fed my imagination. It went wild. I read that shit and I was all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om0M6Ol8FjQ#

dun dun da dunnnnnnnnn dun dun da dunnnnnnnnn

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: Aeus on Jun 13, 2011, 09:34:37 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 13, 2011, 01:37:28 AM
Keep him in captivity

Goodluck

Ok Chief, we need you to answer a few questions about what you've seen
.... Questions?
Yes look itll probably take a very long while but we just need to know everything about hat forerunner complex. Here's a pencil. Just write down what you can remember about the questions.
*Chief stands up and holds the pencil*
Chief what are you do-
*about four hours later Chief has murdered everyone and grabs the severed head of the original questioner an says*
Giving the ONI back their pencil.
/horribly unfunny

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Aeus on Jun 13, 2011, 09:54:41 PM
Hah, well you fed my imagination. It went wild. I read that shit and I was all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om0M6Ol8FjQ#

dun dun da dunnnnnnnnn dun dun da dunnnnnnnnn
Not like I wouldn't mind a scene with Chief busting out of an ONI blacksite with that song playing.  ;D

Vulhala

Vulhala

What's ONI?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Office of Naval Intelligence

It's basically the Halo universe's CIA.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Gotcha. I really should play at least one of the campaigns  :-[

Aeus

Aeus

You've never played a Halo game?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Vulhala on Jun 13, 2011, 10:19:05 PM
Gotcha. I really should play at least one of the campaigns  :-[
Fair enough, it's only really explored in ODST and Reach anyways. Everything else is mentioned in things like the novels and comics.

ONI has always been one of my favorite aspects of the Haloverse though; but I'm a fan of espionage in stories (even the true ones) though, so that'd be why.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed