Class Action Suit Issued

Started by Elicas, May 01, 2013, 12:24:58 AM

Author
Class Action Suit Issued (Read 60,154 times)

WinterActual

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: WinterActual on Jun 13, 2013, 05:50:23 PM
http://www.pcgamesn.com/3d-realms-file-lawsuit-against-gearbox-over-allegedly-unpaid-duke-nukem-forever-royalties

YEAH THATS THE SPIRIT! Waste those assholes!
In GBX's defense (did I just say that?) they seem to have a solid defense. Ehrm.

Still, I can't say I'm not smiling that more bad press, regardless of where it goes, has befallen those c**ty c**ty c**tolas. :laugh:

newbeing

newbeing

Here is what doesn't make sense to me. They had the ability to work with an established franchise like ALIENS, basically a multi million dollar franchise, but instead of working on that they divert resources from that game to work on a broken ass game like Duke Nukem: Forever, so you can obtain the license to a video game franchise that hasn't been relevant for over a decade only to end up taking the blame and lose money?

Terx2

demonbane

demonbane

Bumping. I haven't heard of any update regarding the lawsuit. It usually takes a year for a case this iirc.
Does anyone have any idea?

Jarac

Jarac

Haven't heard a peep in months about this thing.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/10/04/aliens-colonial-marines-lawsuit-to-move-forward/

Haven't found any more news other than this from October of this year.

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

That's very recent in terms of courts... Interesting, thank you.

firefly101

firefly101

I know I wont buy another Gearbox game again. While I enjoyed A:cm and it only cost me $18 shipped, I can see all that is MISSING from what they showed. Barely any Marines unlike the demo, and no Bots only a belated Bughunt which there should have been more of and included in the game, especially after they realized that the outsourced company screwed up the SP.

On another note guys I made a Mod for A:CM to give the Pulse Rifle 95rds among other changes you can check out the mod here and its for the LAST patch they just released so it will work. I was really sick of 60rds max, I find the small changes I made really improve the gameplay more, and for those that play Bughunt it will be a blast.

1. Pulse Rifle ammo now 95rds
2. Pulse Rifle Rate of Fire 900rds per minute
3. Pulse Rifle Max Ammo now 380 to equal 4 95rd mags
4. Smartgun Rate of fire increased to 1200rds per minute and removed the waste of 2 rounds used up for 1 bullet fired. They really nerfed the smartgun with that.
5. Pulse and Smartgun modified for MP and SP play.
6. Made Friendly AI have equal damage when using Pulse Rifle the Friendly AI's had 50% of the enemy AI's!

The mod can be downloaded here.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/firefly426/downloads

WinterActual

WinterActual

Can you make it so that even with the updated fire rate the PR to sound as it sounds by default?

Jarac

Jarac

Quote from: ShadowPred on Nov 04, 2013, 10:47:48 AM
http://www.tssznews.com/2013/10/04/aliens-colonial-marines-lawsuit-to-move-forward/

Haven't found any more news other than this from October of this year.

Thanks! Good to see this thing is moving forward. Not gonna sleaze your way out of this one, Sega.

firefly101

firefly101

Quote from: WinterActual on Nov 08, 2013, 08:10:39 PM
Can you make it so that even with the updated fire rate the PR to sound as it sounds by default?

Don't worry it sounds the same. Increased Fire just makes more rounds go toward the baddies. lol

P.S. The mod is now available to all on this link, so enjoy and let me know what you think.

Lets hope Sega doesn't sleaze out of this one, but I fear either way we will lose. This game has so much potential with an SDK and that is unlikely to happen as NO Sega game I heard of releases an SDK. Remember also all the games are going to console for quick cash, they can careless about franchise etc. Corporations are out of control, you can see this with the greed and the problems we are having today in the financial world, even the IMF is pissed off at companies and their greed ruining the economies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed