Alien: Uncivil War coming in 2024.

Started by felix, Oct 17, 2023, 04:49:56 AM

Author
Alien: Uncivil War coming in 2024. (Read 8,613 times)

TheBATMAN

Still the best cover... and they never used it. This piece was used as an alternate cover for Sea of Sorrows.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 09, 2024, 04:02:53 AMWould an alien assume the position and allow itself to be captured if enough guns were pointed at it?

Nope.

Chieftain Suom

I've already mentioned in this thread that the cover art was created by Marco Turini who also created the cover art for Into Charybdis. Here is his web page https://www.marcoturiniart.com/

RidgeTop

Quote from: Chieftain Suom on Mar 09, 2024, 10:49:37 AMI've already mentioned in this thread that the cover art was created by Marco Turini who also created the cover art for Into Charybdis. Here is his web page https://www.marcoturiniart.com/

Ah whoops. Missed that.

Chieftain Suom

Id just hate to see another artists skills fall victim to the thought of their work being AI haha

Local Trouble

Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 09, 2024, 04:36:24 AMThe soldiers look very same-y.

If Sal had done it, they'd all be wearing his face.

SM

SM

The Heroes With A Single Face.

Still Collating...

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Mar 09, 2024, 08:29:45 AMhttps://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh5_lvOejY2k5zsV0YrjR7o236s_FAvQ6dyes3t-Imq-18DUhr2GsNV78Fy8SFn9mpvpaefNR2vtNQgtEARiT0M1zg2Z8owjWrqr7fIzgqeW2tv03donrMaohO14drmh4UuiqeIRK_DMGw1/s1600/10560563_10204608816248690_57177234447045584_o.jpg
Still the best cover... and they never used it. This piece was used as an alternate cover for Sea of Sorrows.

Completely forgot about this cover... They had this and released that horrible ACM photoshop? Why the hell does my copy not have this gorgeous piece of art as the cover? It even looks a bit old school in the lighting/contrast. Beautiful colors. Even more beautiful details! Why doesn't Fox/Disney get this artist on the next cover?

And if the cover for Uncivil War is really done by the same artist that did Charybdis, then the shadows and coloring must be what's off. Cause it really doesn't look as good the one from Charybdis, or even similar in style... Still, it's not "bad", better than the ACM and cheap photoshop covers!

Pocok

Poor author, he was so excited about the (pre-released) cover by the publisher and I haven't seen a single person being happy or content about it, bad advertisement so far!

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Pocok on Mar 10, 2024, 05:07:17 PMPoor author, he was so excited about the (pre-released) cover by the publisher and I haven't seen a single person being happy or content about it, bad advertisement so far!

Well, as long as the cover doesn't reflect what's actually inside (as has been the case for the last bunch of novels post-Charybdis), then great!

jacobo1122

Quote from: Still Collating... on Mar 10, 2024, 12:41:14 AM
Quote from: TheBATMAN on Mar 09, 2024, 08:29:45 AMhttps://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh5_lvOejY2k5zsV0YrjR7o236s_FAvQ6dyes3t-Imq-18DUhr2GsNV78Fy8SFn9mpvpaefNR2vtNQgtEARiT0M1zg2Z8owjWrqr7fIzgqeW2tv03donrMaohO14drmh4UuiqeIRK_DMGw1/s1600/10560563_10204608816248690_57177234447045584_o.jpg

Completely forgot about this cover... They had this and released that horrible ACM photoshop? Why the hell does my copy not have this gorgeous piece of art as the cover? It even looks a bit old school in the lighting/contrast. Beautiful colors. Even more beautiful details! Why doesn't Fox/Disney get this artist on the next cover?

And if the cover for Uncivil War is really done by the same artist that did Charybdis, then the shadows and coloring must be what's off. Cause it really doesn't look as good the one from Charybdis, or even similar in style... Still, it's not "bad", better than the ACM and cheap photoshop covers!

Wow, it would be really great cover, no idea why they went with this ugly, photoshoped piece of shit. Fortunately in my country our local publisher maybe is taking their time with publishing Alien novels, but they are doing great job with covers. Here's their piece for Sea of Sorrows. They will be getting out Cold Forge next and I can't wait for having this brilliant book with quality cover art it deserves at last.
As for cover for Uncivil war, it's pretty okay. I'm glad Titan stepped up with their covers. Even if some of newer ones are just ok/mid, they are at least original arts, not ACM Photoshops.

Wweyland

Thats from Poland?

jacobo1122

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: jacobo1122 on Mar 11, 2024, 05:52:36 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 11, 2024, 01:38:50 PMThats from Poland?

Yup.

Poland always seems to get amazing book covers; I particularly like the Polish covers for the 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R' and  'Universe of Metro 2033' books... the former having nicer art than the original Russian releases. (Not that I speak either language to enjoy them) 😂

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed