Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Jan 14, 2011, 11:14:35 PM

Author
Alien Prequel No Longer An Alien Film (Read 118,954 times)

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jan 15, 2011, 08:30:08 PM
QuoteSmart guy he is ;D couldn't deliver the alien movie he was saying he would create ''as good as Cameron's alien2'' and so he trowed his gun down and left.

That makes him a smart man...and an incredible coward.

Especially after comments like "Cameron set the stone with Aliens, i'm not going to let that sit on me!"

it was meant as irony....that's what i mean...you tell to all you gonna make a movie same or even better than alien 2 and suddenly you quit?

that means that he was bullshiting us back then...he had nothing good in his hands and just talked empty words.

Sharp Sticks

That letter in the Anthology went from a totem of hope and anticipation to a relic of broken promises and disappointment in no time flat.

I think I'll frame it.

Vulhala

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jan 15, 2011, 08:39:13 PM
If it makes you feel any better, she always thought you were a weirdo. She told me.

;D

SO YOU'RE 'KEVIN'!!

Valaquen

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jan 15, 2011, 08:42:08 PM
That letter in the Anthology went from a totem of hope and anticipation to a relic of broken promises and disappointment in no time flat.

I think I'll frame it.
He must've had an inkling of whether or not he was making Prometheus or the Alien prequel by that point ... long hyped films don't turn in other films over night. Grr, I feel like I was cast in a legendary sci-fi film only to be cut out at the last minute due to time and money issues.

Keyes

Ironically if Carl Rinsch had remained onboard as director we would like of had an Alien Prequel by now.

Johnny Handsome

So in the end of the day, FOX actually is the one to blame  :D

Vulhala

Nothing new there then  :laugh:

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 15, 2011, 08:46:40 PM
He must've had an inkling of whether or not he was making Prometheus or the Alien prequel by that point ... long hyped films don't turn in other films over night. Grr, I feel like I was cast in a legendary sci-fi film only to be cut out at the last minute due to time and money issues.
I know just how you feel.

Valaquen

Quote from: Daz_85 on Jan 15, 2011, 08:46:57 PM
Ironically if Carl Rinsch had remained onboard as director we would like of had an Alien Prequel by now.
Actually, if Lindelof of LOST hadn't come onboard, we'd likely have an Alien movie [I don't buy Harvest, by the way. Smells like a crock].
Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jan 15, 2011, 08:50:10 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 15, 2011, 08:46:40 PM
I know just how you feel.

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb349/SharpSticks/dvd_brfext32.jpg
So close. So damn close.

Keyes

What I don't get is why all these production designers, artists etc have written on Twitter very recently that they are joining the "Alien Prequel", and then Giger coming onboard only last month... there was nothing to suggest it was going to be anything other than that. Even the Vulture website was right about the lead character name in their news posts.

I feel pretty cheated.

Johnny Handsome

I really do think it was a last minute decision.

SPECIAL FORCES

SPECIAL FORCES

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jan 15, 2011, 08:57:06 PM
I really do think it was a last minute decision.

I love Ridley and many of his movies...and tbh i think alien 1 is 0.0001% better than alien 2  BUT
As i said before he realized he couldn't deliver....so left as a coward.
Think of it...its the only man that could say: ''people this is canceled''.
Fox would never tell him to cancel the project if he still wanted to do it.
They told him to cut the budget and the man reacted...we would know if it was Fox's decision or someone else's than Ridley's.

I bet he told Fox he has a ''better idea '' for a movie based on the alien prequel that will bring more money too...a scifi that wouldn't be just for alien fans....and Fox who cares for $$$ only agreed.

That's why,while all were ready 4 this movie production designers, artists etc now look like--->  :O

I REALLY CANT THINK OF ANOTHER EXPLANATION   ???

ThisBethesdaSea

I'll say it again....were being deliberately led off course....I think this film is still a prequel in a hidden forn.

shakermakerman

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jan 15, 2011, 09:54:28 PM
I'll say it again....were being deliberately led off course....I think this film is still a prequel in a hidden forn.

::)

Federick Gonsa

I propose we riot at the premiere.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed