where do they get all the information from?

Started by coolshow, Jul 20, 2010, 03:14:44 PM

Author
where do they get all the information from? (Read 1,612 times)

coolshow

For a film like Alien which is 30+ years old i was wondring where do they get all the extres from Do they really keep stuff like documentry's, out takes, deleted scene's, Production Image Galleries,  for so many years ?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Simple: Fox had them all time along and released them bit-to-bit to make more money.

LLIT

Of course they keep it all, it's money they've spent and can always use in the future.

SM

QuoteDo they really keep stuff like documentry's, out takes, deleted scene's, Production Image Galleries,  for so many years ?

Obviously they did for the Alien flicks.

Troy

Quote from: coolshow on Jul 20, 2010, 03:14:44 PM
For a film like Alien which is 30+ years old i was wondring where do they get all the extres from Do they really keep stuff like documentry's, out takes, deleted scene's, Production Image Galleries,  for so many years ?

It's not as easy as one might think. Recreating and rescanning the original '03 image gallery set was quite a task of its own because of how exhaustive it already was... raiding the archives to find MORE was even more difficult simply for the reason you said -- the film is 30+ years old and archival procedures and technologies have developed vastly over past couple decades. We're lucky if things were thrown into a box in someone's garage back in the late 70s let alone meticulously cataloged and archived. So it's always a bit of an archeology expedition that Charles de Lauzirika and many others including myself embark on with each project. Truth be told, that's a good part of the fun.

Also keep in mind that space is always an issue. Even across nine discs, the SD Quadrilogy was packed to the very last bit... such is the case again this time around.

coolshow

Quote from: Troy on Jul 27, 2010, 08:24:29 AM
Quote from: coolshow on Jul 20, 2010, 03:14:44 PM

It's not as easy as one might think. Recreating and rescanning the original '03 image gallery set was quite a task of its own because of how exhaustive it already was... raiding the archives to find MORE was even more difficult simply for the reason you said -- the film is 30+ years old and archival procedures and technologies have developed vastly over past couple decades. We're lucky if things were thrown into a box in someone's garage back in the late 70s let alone meticulously cataloged and archived. So it's always a bit of an archeology expedition that Charles de Lauzirika and many others including myself embark on with each project. Truth be told, that's a good part of the fun.

Also keep in mind that space is always an issue. Even across nine discs, the SD Quadrilogy was packed to the very last bit... such is the case again this time around.

Thanks for the info the good thing is Blu ray can hold more info then dvd thats why we are getting 6 disks instead of 9.

Corporal Hicks

So do you go out visiting people who used to work on the films? Asking if they've got anything?

Troy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 27, 2010, 12:40:34 PM
So do you go out visiting people who used to work on the films? Asking if they've got anything?

In some cases, absolutely. In the case of Alien, the material came from all over the place (again, part of expedition) - the archives, the filmmakers, the fans, you name it. A LOT of people were involved in making this set as exhaustive as humanly possible. (And similarly, a whole lot of people involved in putting it all together).

SM

I can haz ur job?

Cap. Fitzgerald

SM

Srsly.

I was watching All Our Variant Futures the other night and a job like CdL's must be one of the most awesomenest ever.

DaddyYautja

Time machine.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Troy

Quote from: SM on Jul 28, 2010, 12:35:22 AM
Srsly.

I was watching All Our Variant Futures the other night and a job like CdL's must be one of the most awesomenest ever.

Truth be told, we ALL want to be like Charles. He's the best in the business. I can haz his job? 8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed