Why the preds send only the wolf?

Started by vortep, Sep 18, 2007, 08:49:25 PM

Author
Why the preds send only the wolf? (Read 40,616 times)

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Pred-Wolf on Sep 18, 2007, 09:03:34 PM
My guess is that he's the rank right below an elder so without wasting so many Preds they got him to do the job.

Retarded...

Master

Master

Preds always go alone for a hunt ( AvP does not count). Mission to get rid of aliens and evidences is just an add on to next big game in Wolf`s point of view.

Docta Jekyll

They send only Wolf, because they know Wolf could do it, he is that damn good of a 'cleaner' it speaks for his skill as a hunter for him alone to be going.

but also, perhaps the crashing ship sent out a distress beacon, and he was the only one who was in range to revieve it

I'm sure it will all be explained in the film

Pred-Xeno

Quote from: Gates on Sep 18, 2007, 09:20:47 PM
Quote from: Pred-Wolf on Sep 18, 2007, 09:03:34 PM
My guess is that he's the rank right below an elder so without wasting so many Preds they got him to do the job.

Retarded...
Yea ok ::)

Kriszilla

Quote from: Master on Sep 18, 2007, 09:28:35 PM
Preds always go alone for a hunt ( AvP does not count). Mission to get rid of aliens and evidences is just an add on to next big game in Wolf`s point of view.

If that's how you see the preds then you'd probably hate my fanfic and a lot of the expanded universe stuff (AvP: Eternal, Preds team up on 2 aliens for a big fight.)

Master

Master

Actualy I have some comics from AvP and Aliens series, but none of them have story good enough to consider them cannonical. Also I have not read Your fanfic, I am considering all of it no films, because P1 and P2 are the real source of knowlage about Predator species.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Docta Jekyll on Sep 18, 2007, 09:33:36 PM
but also, perhaps the crashing ship sent out a distress beacon, and he was the only one who was in range to revieve it

If that is somehow clearly explained, then okay I'll buy it...but then again it will be hard...every single time we have seen a predator, he was never alone...sure they hunted alone...but they always travel in groups, even in Predator, his ship detached from a larger one that would've had to pick him up when he was finished...so assuming that he is alone when a distress signal is received is a little far fetched...

Quote from: Docta Jekyll on Sep 18, 2007, 09:33:36 PM
They send only Wolf, because they know Wolf could do it, he is that damn good of a 'cleaner' it speaks for his skill as a hunter for him alone to be going.

I don't care what kind of titles you give him or how skilled he is suppose to be...he isn't there to hunt for fun, he is there to contain and defuse a potential problem...logic would dictate that they should send a full compliment of predators to do the job, and by that I mean no more than three to five...at least that would've seemed realistic...but one...I don't know...

nukem11

nukem11

Well he's there for both he skins his victims in the trailer and he usual does that for honour and fun.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: vortep on Sep 18, 2007, 08:49:25 PM
I understand that the wolf is some kind of elite super pred but why they send only one?They know that the predalien kill alot of preds,but they send only one?

I've raised this, too. It makes no sense, although it would not surprise me to learn that the real reason could have been the budget. :)

Either only one of them exists in our part of the galaxy, of sufficient rank... Which just looks really bad for the Predators. It means the vast majority of them have no hope of coming up to that level.

Or they're just that arrogant to assume a single guy is going to be able to go in there, ninja-like and do it all... Which is just... It's so damn stupid.

Just look at all the elite personnel with tons of experience in US, UK, Israeli, etcetera Special Forces. Do they just send one of them on in James Bond mode? No! They send in several.

A team can both cover one another's actions and get the same task done in a quicker, more efficient way. To not do that is an amazingly short-sighted thing to do.

The only other option I can think of is that the Predators f**k things up so much, that only one thing of that rank is available, at any one time. Again, that implies they're really idiotic on a regular basis.

darkboomstickz

i think this is a mission 4 the wolf to become a elder ..the last misson 4 the wolf ..then i he gets a own tribe ore grope  something in that stile  :-\

Master

Master

It is very human way of thinking that there should be a squad of about five Preds to wipe out Xenomorphs, but Predator is a fu**in alien and he does not think like humans.

Old Painless

I think we're all overlooking the obvious reason for why Wolf is alone- it makes a better movie. The explanation for this in terms of the story line is academic. What matters is that he's a lone hunter, which was always an incredibly important part of the Predator's gravitas and mystique. Anderson dispensed with that, which was in my opinion one of his biggest mistakes. The moment you see these particular creatures hunting in packs, it subtracts a lot of their respect and honour. Not to mention the intimidation. Think about it- the original Predator movie would not have been as good if there were multiple enemies. It just would of been "them" instead of "him", which is much more threatening and disturbing psychologically. One single bad-ass, that's all you need.

Daweism

Daweism

Quote from: Pred-Wolf on Sep 18, 2007, 08:52:45 PM
I understand that the wolf is some kind of elite super pred but why they send only one?They know that the predalien kill alot of preds,but they send only one?
Because some damn fool accused him of being the best. ;D

Wolf: But why send me?
Elder: Because some damn fool accused you of being the best...
Wolf: Elder! Youuu son of a bitch!
*Arm wrestles*
Wolf: Looks like the Strauss brothers have you pushing too many human weights!

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Daweism on Sep 18, 2007, 11:00:58 PM
Quote from: Pred-Wolf on Sep 18, 2007, 08:52:45 PM
Because some damn fool accused him of being the best. ;D

Wolf: But why send me?
Elder: Because some damn fool accused you of being the best...
Wolf: Elder! Youuu son of a bitch!
*Arm wrestles*
Wolf: Looks like the Strauss brothers have you pushing too many human weights!

old Genreal: Why am i here?....

Night Killer

Night Killer

Maybe Wolf has done this many times before.  With all the blooding rituals I'm sure at some point a trial has gone wrong and the elders need someone to clean up the mess.  Maybe the Wolf is the go to guy for eliminating infestations.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed