Can we forgive Paul now it's been 4 years?

Started by Purebreedalien, Feb 05, 2008, 08:00:36 PM

Author
Can we forgive Paul now it's been 4 years? (Read 56,019 times)

Master

Master

After what Bros did I can forgive him.

And A:R wasn`t that bad. It was much different but still v.good.

shakermakerman

Quote from: purebreedalien on Feb 05, 2008, 08:00:36 PM
I have decided to stop hating Paul Anderson and just accept AvP for what it is. An attempted Vs film that went horribly wrong. I can still watch AvP and chuckle to myself about the cock ups. So I've forgiven him and I'm just going to ignore it and continue praising AvP:R. Is anyone with me?

avp is better than avpr.

Dark Passenger

Quote from: shakermakerman on Feb 07, 2008, 12:40:36 PM
Quote from: purebreedalien on Feb 05, 2008, 08:00:36 PM
I have decided to stop hating Paul Anderson and just accept AvP for what it is. An attempted Vs film that went horribly wrong. I can still watch AvP and chuckle to myself about the cock ups. So I've forgiven him and I'm just going to ignore it and continue praising AvP:R. Is anyone with me?

avp is better than avpr.

i gotta agree....

slipknotpredator

No way!  >:(

AVP-R was better than AVP.

Dark Passenger

Quote from: slipknotpredator on Feb 07, 2008, 01:16:08 PM

the red band trailer spoiled most of the movie for me, and the movie felt like 1 big trailer...

DXYautja

DXYautja

Quote from: Cloverfield Monster on Feb 07, 2008, 01:19:13 PM

the red band trailer spoiled most of the movie for me, and the movie felt like 1 big trailer...

Gotta admit I felt the same way Clove. We practically saw everything we needed to see with that R-rated trailer, I mean it even shows damn near the entire ending for God's sake!   >:(

Anyway, back on topic, I think I can forgive P.A.
At least his attempt didn't deserve a direct release on the Sci-Fi channel.
Damn I think i went too far! :)
Sorry Straus Bros! ^_^

CanadianHero67

Got to agree with that. I liked AVP but AVP-R OWNED AVP. :)

DXYautja

Action wise yeah. ;)
But sometimes I think about it, and realize we go from an ancient Predator temple site, to a small town in Colorado!!?  ???
WTF!

Alien-Spaceship  Aliens-Dead Planet  Alien3-Prison Planet  Alien Res-Spaceship

Pred 1-Large Jungle  Pred 2-Los Angelos ( But come on it was during a drug war. There was loads of violence going on, it was a good place to pick out some strong targets.)

fluxcap

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Feb 06, 2008, 05:53:29 AM
Resurrection...all sport some shoddy scripts and cinematography.
If anything, the only pro to that film was Jeunet's style. Thats the only pleasure I get from watching the film (being a fan of the director).

AVP's cinematograophy was very blah, the case with all of Anderson's films (Event Horizon being an exception I think). AVP:R's was decent; just the lack of anything being visible went against it.

Anyhow, can I forgive Anderson? Well, to me he'll always be that guy that f*cked up AVP. Considering he wrote most of the film makes him all the more responsible.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I forgive him for AVP (It was his best and only good movie but it still sucks though) but i woun't forgive him for Resident Evil and Mortal Kombat.

D88M

Quote from: The Cleaner on Feb 06, 2008, 09:20:03 AM
Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Feb 06, 2008, 05:53:29 AM
Quote from: SM on Feb 05, 2008, 10:10:29 PM
People gotta forgive Jeunet and Whedon first.

To quote Alfred Pennyworth- "NEVAH!"

As far as I'm considered, no one who directed past Alien 3 did these creatures justice. Even the rest of the film was lamentable; Resurrection, AVP, and AVP:R all sport some shoddy scripts and cinematography.
Agreed!

No, we won't forgive Paul. Just like we won't forgive the other directors/writers that have turned two great franchises into a joke of their former selves.

*Sigh*Oh well, at least we still have ALIEN, ALIENS, ALIEN 3, Predator and Predator 2. 

Amen.

And the only movie that i accept from Anderson is event horizon. All the others are bad, very bad, or :D

fluxcap

Quote from: Ratchetcomand on Feb 08, 2008, 02:55:16 AM
I forgive him for AVP (It was his best and only good movie but it still sucks though) but i woun't forgive him for Resident Evil and Mortal Kombat.
Funny thing there, I despised Resident Evil when it came out, but in the past two or so years I regard it as an entertaining distraction. At least one Anderson film got some sense of redemption from me.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The Resident Evil movie was so bad it made me so angry. The story was nothing like the game, the CGI was crap, the acting sucked, it wans't scary unlike the game and the dialogue sucked. I hated it, it one the worst movies ever IMO. Mortal Kombat and Soldier where also bad as well, AVP is the best movie he made so far but it was still bad.

Porkus Maximus

I can give props to PWSA for at least having a sliver of creative vision in comparison to the Strause brothers and AVPR made me appreciate AVP more by default but it is still a poor film by any standards. 

Dark Passenger

atleast avp tryed to make it on its own, like avp-r feltlike and extended trailer with homage shots thrown in there cause its "awesomely rad!"..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed