Tom Woodruff and Stan Winson Question!

Started by GUiLE, Apr 19, 2007, 09:39:12 AM

Author
Tom Woodruff and Stan Winson Question! (Read 1,845 times)

GUiLE

Hi guys what's up? just watched a short clip about Special Effects and came across the name of Tom Woodruff which worked on Aliens, Terminator, Pumpkinhead...etc. same one Stan Winston was working on, I know Tom Woodruff was playing Grid in AVP(who's Grid? :-[) anyone can tell me more about Tom Woodruff ? and is it true he played the Demon in Pumpkinhead?

SiL

Tom Woodruff was one of the puppeteers on The Terminator.

Tom Woodruff, Jnr., was with Stan Winston studios up until the late 80s. Worked on Aliens, then created his own company, Amalgamated Dynamics, Inc, with Alec Gillis. He now makes a habit of playing as the Aliens in the Alien movies :-[

GUiLE

Quote from: SiL on Apr 19, 2007, 09:50:50 AM
He now makes a habit of playing as the Aliens in the Alien movies :-[
which is bad?

SM

SM

I don't really think so.  I don't mind ADI's Alien work on the whole.  Others disagree.

RIJOENPIAL

Quote from: SM on Apr 19, 2007, 10:16:26 AM
I don't really think so.  I don't mind ADI's Alien work on the whole.  Others disagree.

I think , with AVP extensively using CG Aliens and the Animatronic Alien, Tom will be focusing more on the puppeteering and less on playing the role...which is good for him... he is not getting any younger and he often says it is unbarably stuffy in there, so...

But I think his job was great... I would have preferred the 'Dog' Alien from Alien3 to  be done with the resources available now (CG Alien and ALien aminatronic) but in 1992, CG was at birth stages, so no chance in hell...

GUiLE

Quote from: RIJOENPIAL on Apr 19, 2007, 10:48:49 AM
"CG Alien and ALien aminatronic"
hey man wtf? i'm new here explain those terms please. ;D

slipknotpredator

Quote from: HuNTER101 on Apr 19, 2007, 10:51:02 AM
Quote from: RIJOENPIAL on Apr 19, 2007, 10:48:49 AM
"CG Alien and ALien aminatronic"
hey man wtf? i'm new here explain those terms please. ;D

CG Alien is a computer generated Alien, animatronic Alien is like robot

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed