Cailee Spaeny Interview

Started by PortugueseXeno, Mar 24, 2024, 02:48:07 PM

Author
Cailee Spaeny Interview (Read 3,004 times)

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

https://www.gamesradar.com/alien-romulus-cailee-spaeny-proper-horror-sigourney-weaver-ripley/

"We used practical effects. We had the same people who worked on Aliens. They came back. They were there making the xenomorph. This is a creature that they have so much love for. We had puppeteers working on the face-hugger. So to see that – it all felt so alive,"

"I had to turn off my 'nerding out' brain, because I was just like, 'Wow, it's beautiful. Ooh, you put the Giger skull...' I had to turn that off. But it was properly scary. We set it between the first movie and the second. We were talking about, 'How could this be a child of the two?' So we have those heightened moments, but then proper horror."

"I definitely did everything that I could to bring that character to life. Watching Sigourney play that role – she's part of the changing of the game that those films did," Spaeny continues. "I could never be her. But I injected whatever I have in me into that character, and tried to make it three-dimensional – as three-dimensional as possible. So I hope that that's there, and it comes alive."

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

New interview with Spaeny. Cannot access the article currently as their website appears to be experiencing issues:

https://twitter.com/totalfilm/status/1771885929785102367

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Mar 24, 2024, 04:40:15 PMNew interview with Spaeny. Cannot access the article currently as their website appears to be experiencing issues:

https://twitter.com/totalfilm/status/1771885929785102367

Quote"I had to turn off my 'nerding out' brain, because I was just like, 'Wow, it's beautiful. Ooh, you put the Giger skull...'

8)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 24, 2024, 05:04:44 PM
Quote"I had to turn off my 'nerding out' brain, because I was just like, 'Wow, it's beautiful. Ooh, you put the Giger skull...'

8)

@Local Trouble
@Local Trouble
@Local Trouble
@Local Trouble
@Local Trouble

;D

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

I am thoroughly excited for Romulus to say the least. Definitely more excited than I have been for an Alien film in a very long time.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Giger skull all the way.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Mr.M

Mr.M

Is it August yet? I mean...come on!!!

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

I'm just glad to be away from Ridley's newer take on the Universe setting. With all Promethous/Covenant.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Ahem.

GreybackElder

GreybackElder

Welp, I guess Spaney confirms that. I've always loved the big chap look.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: GreybackElder on Mar 26, 2024, 11:27:51 AMWelp, I guess Spaney confirms that. I've always loved the big chap look.
Best Alien design and my favourite one. For the ones that doesn't like the skull, I'm sorry, but the skull it's really cool and gives an more terrifying aspect to the Alien. The skull it's back

Enjoy

Enjoy

Short controlled bursts with that pulse rifle prototype

Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones

Interview confirms the return of the Giger skull.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

I love the down to earth, eager yet humble attitude I'm getting from her and Fede.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed