"Warrior" facehuggers?

Started by Ballzanya, Nov 28, 2007, 07:57:27 PM

How do you feel about the idea of "Warrior" facehuggers?

Doesn't make sense.
30 (48.4%)
Not the best idea, but its ok I guess.
15 (24.2%)
I love the idea.
17 (27.4%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author
"Warrior" facehuggers? (Read 4,912 times)

Master

Master

I vote that we should not concern AvP films canon. Maybe in few years time we will get really good AvP film that will be worthy to put it as canon film. It is like cancer. If you don`t cut it out because it is part of your body, it will kill you.

Master

Master

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Nov 28, 2007, 08:50:22 PM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 28, 2007, 08:45:44 PM
Is it so much to ask, that directors don't f**k with stuff and stay true to what the ideal alien, predator or aliens vs. predator film should be like? Apparently it seems it is.

Apparently it is. Did it ever occur to them that maybe we don't want new Aliens? Having Aliens fight Predators is new enough, there is no need to put your own artistic stamp on the designs and ideas. I should be simple. Keep the Aliens looking like Aliens, keep the Predators looking like Predators, and don't add stuff that contradicts.

But how they can add predalien and not contradict with things.

Accaris

Accaris

The filmmakers seem to think that if the audience doesn't see something "fresh," then the movie won't sell. I simply don't understand this logic. Continuity combines with nostalgia to sell, far more than any lame rabbit-out-of-a-hat gimmick will. They already tried to play on nostalgia by returning to some of the "classic" Alien and Predator design elements, so why preserve some areas but screw around in others?

If the story isn't fantastic, I'd at least prefer a pastiche of previous films rather than a bastardization of them.

KidPresentable

KidPresentable

All of you cry-babies also realize he didn't even say this "warrior" facehugger idea was set in stone. It's just something they left up for the fans to decide.

Quote from: Greg StrauseIt was a little bit of both. The main difference with these facehuggers is that they have a darker skin complexion. Couple reasons for that. One was we wanted to kind of motivate that these facehuggers are slightly different, maybe more of a 'warrior' facehugger species. That would help kind of motivate why they give birth to these ridged warrior Aliens. There was a point where we were over at ADI and they had a Queen facehugger. And it just looked so cool and we had thought about incorporating aspects of it. Instead what we ended up doing was just change the paint scheme, darkening it. Which was also, we felt, would look better in our forest environment, in the sewer environment – to give a grittier feel to the facehugger.

Again, the grit, we felt was important, just because of all the environments we were in. There's a big facehugger attack in the sewers and whatnot. It was just important that these things just don't look bright and pale and antiseptically clean when they're in such kind of dirty, grimy environments.

READ

::)

AVP66

AVP66

I do not see a problem with this new design. Anyway the facehuggers in the trailers I think still look quite similar to the original facehuggers. Anyway we still have not seen a very detailed picture of a warrior facehugger so I will decide when or if I see it. You could also say the same thing about the Alien eggs for example the Alien eggs in Alien and Aliens are quite black while the eggs in Alien R looks a lot lighter and are a slightly different color.

vehtam

vehtam

if they loved the overlook of the super facehugger, they should implement it in the movie, somewhere at the beginning, and leave the whole new reproduction cycle.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

Its not like there any diffrent...these are just ones who had to go after their hosts...nothing more...unless they fly or someting

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 28, 2007, 09:02:39 PM
...unless they fly or someting

bite your tongue! directors are reading that, you know!

;)

darkfaerytales

darkfaerytales

oh god...what's next

darkfaerytales

darkfaerytales

Quote from: SiL on Nov 28, 2007, 08:33:15 PM
It means they would become a colour that would better suit their environment, just like the adults do. The first Alien was silver, the second lot were a metallic blue, the third was copper, the AR were shits, the AvP were black. There's a precedence.

i ever think the same thing... ;)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

in avp 3 the facehuggers will just split and more will bud of from them,  a la cellular division. They will also float, teleport, have the ability to have spikes shoot out when threatened..etc. hey what the hell, those non-canon ideas are no better nor worse than what we've got so far in terms of non-canon bullshit.

darkfaerytales

darkfaerytales

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 28, 2007, 09:18:54 PM
in avp 3 the facehuggers will just split and more will bud of from them,  a la cellular division. They will also float, teleport, have the ability to have spikes shoot out when threatened..etc. hey what the hell, those non-canon ideas are no better nor worse than what we've got so far in terms of non-canon bullshit.

;D ;D ;D hahahahahahHAHAAH you're the man!!  ;D :D

Robotpo

Robotpo

More proof that this movie's going to suck...bug time.  ::)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: gameoverman on Nov 28, 2007, 08:23:14 PM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 28, 2007, 08:19:21 PM
Quote from: gameoverman on Nov 28, 2007, 08:11:56 PM
I don't care - not all of the facehuggers have looked the same in the previous films anyway.

No, they kind of have remained essentially the same, especially in terms of the coloring. Any changes between Alien and Aliens were minor. Even in Alien:Resurrection and the first avp, they still were that yellowish/tan color.

Minor?  The underside of the facehugger was totally different.  

I can accept that there are black facehuggers and white facehuggers.  I don't accept the theory that only black facehuggers give birth to ridge-head aliens, though.

Ridley scott used oysters..etc. on the underside of the facehugger in the first film, you can't expect that to have been duplicated in subsequent films. Besides that is minor , when compared to say re-painting the whole exterior and inventing a new explanation to how aliens have ridged heads with them.
Inventing different castes of facehuggers is lame. (the queen facehugger being the only exception, and it was only in the special edition of alien 3 anway.)

Its really one step away from having ravager aliens, arachnid aliens, etc. from the old avp arcade game(which i though was a fairly good game despite that bullshit)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Warrior facehuggers?  Oh fu** me!!!  >:(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed