Dune Remake

Started by Gates, Oct 17, 2007, 12:50:34 AM

Author
Dune Remake (Read 160,080 times)

kwisatz

kwisatz

For the father, nothing!

I wouldn't mind them taking some inspiration from Schoenherr (again).

Spoiler
[close]

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Babs Olusanmokun (third degree Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt) has been cast as Jamis (the hotheaded Fremen who challenges Paul to a knive duel).

Paul Bullion cast as a Sardaukar (the Emperor's SAS) soldier.

Ingwar

Ingwar

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Thanks for the Twitter link. This is shaping up quite nicely! I read the novel in 1978 and with each cinematic iteration, another piece slips into place.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Dune: The Sisterhood TV series to accompany the film. Denis is directing the pilot.

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1138197551348408320

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Can't wait to see the gom jabbar!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 10, 2019, 10:49:12 PM
Dune: The Sisterhood TV series to accompany the film. Denis is directing the pilot.

Saw that this morning. That surprised me! Wasn't expecting them to branch out before the film actually came out.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 11, 2019, 08:15:40 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 10, 2019, 10:49:12 PM

Saw that this morning. That surprised me! Wasn't expecting them to branch out before the film actually came out.

Gives me hope that they are feeling very optimistic about the film.

I am a bit worried about Jon Spaihts' involvement, but even still, color me very excited for the show.

I wonder if Dune could potentially become the next big thing post GOT. The source material is fantastic (I still have to read books 4-6, but I loved 1-3), the world is intriguing, and there is a lot of politicking and scheming and, of course, sandworms. It now sounds like WB's plans extend well beyond simply adapting the first book.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

It's sounds like Spaith was only involved in trimming down the original script. Kinda the opposite of his role in Prometheus. His earlier Prometheus drafts had some good bits though.

Not so sure about Dune becoming the next GoT, it's probably a bit too "weird" for most mainstream audiences, but you never know. Most likely it will perform similar to the previous two Dune TV series'.

WB probably have big plans if the first movie does well. Take for example Duncan Idaho, he's barely in the first book so casting Jason Momoa (someone that's currently very hot in Hollywood) seems like a waste unless you're planning to delve into the sequels where he becomes a main character.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Incoming from left field!!!  Awesome!  Looking forward to to this.  I read all of the prequels.  I k ow some people dislike them but I really enjoyed them.  Hope they all get turned into one long GOT style series.  There's a lot of heady stuff in there..

Ingwar

Ingwar

markweatherill

markweatherill

1)
Let's hope they bring out the strong FEMALE EMPOWERMENT message inherent in the book, with those POSITIVE ROLE MODELS for little girls. You thought Captain Phasma was a positive role model, eh? Just you wait! This isn't 1965 nor is it 1984 any more!

2)
Is anyone expecting to hear the word 'JIHAD' uttered in this movie?

:D

kwisatz

kwisatz

QuoteIs anyone expecting to hear the word 'JIHAD' uttered in this movie?

I don't need it to be uttered explicitly but for sure I'm hoping for some kind of (LSD)sequence depicting a vision of an army of religious fanatics cleansing the universe in merciless ways.

Might even work as a closing scene for Part One.

I admit this kind of portrayal could have been a bit problematic say 2-3 years ago with the IS peaking, its nonetheless a crucial part of the book.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed