New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 118,445 times)

Sol

Quote from: Master on Dec 11, 2020, 10:36:29 PM
Quote from: Sol on Dec 11, 2020, 09:30:20 PM
Quote from: Master on Dec 11, 2020, 08:33:29 PM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa??
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/avp/images/0/03/Crucified_Predator.png/revision/latest?cb=20160331083922

You can't direct link to images from fandom/wiki sites. You can use sites like Imgur however to host your images. It's free.
Something`s not working?

Yea, no image is showing. They don't allow hotlinking from their sites.

Master

Fixed. I only noticed it when logged in one more time.

Sol

Quote from: Master on Dec 11, 2020, 11:37:41 PM
Fixed. I only noticed it when logged in one more time.

Yep, I can see it now. I'm always stumped how studios have yet to figure out how to do that mouth, correctly.

Master

Well the mask was ok. Mandibles also worked properly. What wasn`t working is the mouth which couldn`t do any movement and stayed wide open the whole movie.

426Buddy

Don't forget those damn cheeks lol not as bad as ADI but that bit of skin between mandibles has been all wrong in everything released after P2.

Sol

Quote from: 426Buddy on Dec 12, 2020, 12:02:30 AM
Don't forget those damn cheeks lol not as bad as ADI but that bit of skin between mandibles has been all wrong in everything released after P2.

Yea. I don't quite understand what's going on behind the scenes here, but it's just been really strange. I mean, essentially 'Crucified Predator' was supposed to aesthetically be identical to Jungle Hunter, and it just doesn't quite get there. It's a decent attempt, but it misses in a few noticeable places.

Quote from: Master on Dec 11, 2020, 11:56:10 PM
Well the mask was ok. Mandibles also worked properly. What wasn`t working is the mouth which couldn`t do any movement and stayed wide open the whole movie.

It moved, but for whatever reason, each film seems to think gaping wide open is the resting position of their mouths. As if people just walk around with their mouths open too or something.

Gilfryd

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 10, 2020, 10:11:38 AM
Would be cool to see other people for the creature design, ADI had their shots. Legacy I would dig very much.

I feel like when making a Terminator, Aliens, Predator or Jurassic Park/World film Legacy Effects should be the first group you call.

Sol

Quote from: Gilfryd on Dec 12, 2020, 02:08:19 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 10, 2020, 10:11:38 AM
Would be cool to see other people for the creature design, ADI had their shots. Legacy I would dig very much.

I feel like when making a Terminator, Aliens, Predator or Jurassic Park/World film Legacy Effects should be the first group you call.

Yes. Their work is incredible.

Billiken

I hope they cast Wes Studi maybe as an elder. Great actor.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 10, 2020, 01:03:37 AM
I'd be happy to see one really throwing its weight around and fighting with strong, precise looking blows.

But no ninja shit. They're big, heavy monsters, not small humans.
Idk man, Concrete Jungle really sold me on how agile and nimble Predators are. I just want them to throw down like in Mortal Kombat or how Blade 2 does it with Blade vs Nomak, and not just slow face slaps with some haymakers thrown in. They're hunter-warriors that can live for hundreds of thousands of years with many battle hunting experience under their belt, not big and heavy suits worn by humans.

Quote from: Sol on Dec 12, 2020, 12:57:37 AM

Yea. I don't quite understand what's going on behind the scenes here, but it's just been really strange. I mean, essentially 'Crucified Predator' was supposed to aesthetically be identical to Jungle Hunter, and it just doesn't quite get there. It's a decent attempt, but it misses in a few noticeable places.

It moved, but for whatever reason, each film seems to think gaping wide open is the resting position of their mouths. As if people just walk around with their mouths open too or something.

I think it doesn't need to be 100% identical. You can tell its super close to the original design and yet like us humans, it has its own unique facial shapes. Other than the excess skin on the mandibles, which I noticed every single Predator design always has for some reason, its fine.

Master

On the rewatch look at never closing mouth of Classic. Mandibles are moving, but mouth is gaping. Oh and since Predators they don't have pressure cables attached to masks anymore. They just put it on and off like baseball cap.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Dec 12, 2020, 04:52:04 AM
They're hunter-warriors that can live for hundreds of thousands of years

Excuse me, what the f**k?

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Sol on Dec 12, 2020, 12:57:37 AM

This ! I always thought something was wrong with that, you nailed it.

Sol

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Dec 12, 2020, 04:52:04 AM

I think it doesn't need to be 100% identical. You can tell its super close to the original design and yet like us humans, it has its own unique facial shapes. Other than the excess skin on the mandibles, which I noticed every single Predator design always has for some reason, its fine.

I agree that it doesn't have to be identical. But Crucified was supposed to be identical. And the excess skin issue is only an issue post Predator 2, and should not be the norm. Only the ADI and KNB Preds have it. Even merchandise of the very same characters aims to correct this issue.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Billiken on Dec 12, 2020, 04:25:26 AM
I hope they cast Wes Studi maybe as an elder. Great actor.

I agree, Raul Trujillo is great too. Both of them in the same movie would be cool.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed