Tabletop Simulator and Alien/Predator Games on sale

Started by razeak, Apr 07, 2020, 02:46:44 AM

Author
Tabletop Simulator and Alien/Predator Games on sale (Read 2,051 times)

razeak

It's on sale for 9.99 on Steam.

They have the original Kenner board game, the Leading Edge game, AVP: Hunt Begins, the AVP deck game, and all of the legendary encounters stuff in the workshop.

Of course, its a true tabletop simulation, you have to use your mouse to move everything. Still neat. At least there isn't any clean up lol. I'm digging it so far.

SM

I dragged the old Leading Edge board game out the other day to play with the Third Born.  We only lost Hicks who was captured in the reactor room scenario and Frost was unconscious and carried out.  So we tooled all the survivors up with the pulse rifles plus Ripley and went back in to get Hicks.  Same Alien appearance rules as for the reactor room - got utterly slaughtered.  Ripley got Hicks about 3/4 of the way back to the exit before she got mobbed.  We lost Apone almost right away, so tried to rescue him too.  Crowe got him about 1/4 of the way back.

Corporal Hicks

That game is just utter brutality! And I absolutely love it! Do you have the pewter models?

SM

Nah just the cardboard counters that came with it.

It was bizarre because the first scenario was surprisingly easy, even though we had  characters like Vasquez getting pinned down because she would use two actions for a guaranteed kill but wouldn't be able to move do she'd get left behind.

Then a few bad Alien appearance rolls on the second scenario and you're suddenly sunk.

SiL

Someone made it in Flash years ago and it was the most nerve-wracking experience. I could get the first two scenarios but not the third.

SM

I could never get anywhere on the Flash version. It was hellishly hard.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed