A post apocalyptic Predator film?

Started by The Shuriken, Sep 15, 2019, 06:00:57 PM

Author
A post apocalyptic Predator film? (Read 3,412 times)

Wysps

Wysps

When I think cyberpunk, robots come to mind. That's where my interpretation comes from. I could be wrong, but the robot aspect is what I get hung up on.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Quote from: razeak on Sep 22, 2019, 09:28:37 PM
I second the cyberpunk setting.
Same. Something COMPLETELY different.

PredBabe

PredBabe

I also like the idea of the cyberpunk setting and enjoyed it for Concrete Jungle especially because of the story going on. They could probably accomplish something similar for a film adaptation with a similar plot of humans dissecting and advancing Predator technology.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Sep 16, 2019, 01:46:06 AM
I second that. Just think of the potential preys that await him (Predator) in this hypothetical setting.

Green Post Apocalyptic Earth: For some reason there are almost no humans and the vegetation takes over. Something has accelerated the evolution of animals, So now they look prehistoric, and even alien in some cases.

Toxic Post Apocalyptic Earth: Wasteland landscape, contamination, outbreaks, a great shortage of natural resources, war zones, etc. Oh! and Necromorph-like monsters too.

Love these ideas! The Green Post Apocalyptic idea really does remind me of The Last of Us which I'm all for. Lol

I've always contemplated a The Last of Us or Resident Evil crossover. A world of zombies and enhanced monsters would make for an entertaining hunt. It would be out of left field for the next Predator installment but I can't say I'd be disappointed if they went this route.

I think they need to just do a full blown AVP flick on another planet with a colony. Make it feel isolated like in The Thing with their makeshift "town".

Or just do another Predator movie on a hunting planet and actually focus more on the alien life forms, environments and dwellings.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 25, 2019, 12:42:46 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Sep 16, 2019, 01:46:06 AM
I second that. Just think of the potential preys that await him (Predator) in this hypothetical setting.

Green Post Apocalyptic Earth: For some reason there are almost no humans and the vegetation takes over. Something has accelerated the evolution of animals, So now they look prehistoric, and even alien in some cases.

Toxic Post Apocalyptic Earth: Wasteland landscape, contamination, outbreaks, a great shortage of natural resources, war zones, etc. Oh! and Necromorph-like monsters too.

Love these ideas! The Green Post Apocalyptic idea really does remind me of The Last of Us which I'm all for. Lol

I've always contemplated a The Last of Us or Resident Evil crossover. A world of zombies and enhanced monsters would make for an entertaining hunt. It would be out of left field for the next Predator installment but I can't say I'd be disappointed if they went this route.

^ I was thinking about "The Last of Us" for a moment, while writing that  :laugh:

Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 25, 2019, 12:42:46 AM
I think they need to just do a full blown AVP flick on another planet with a colony. Make it feel isolated like in The Thing with their makeshift "town".

Or just do another Predator movie on a hunting planet and actually focus more on the alien life forms, environments and dwellings.

I'll second that. An isolated environment like the setting of The Thing fits very well with movies about aliens or monsters in general. It is an alien atmosphere, despite being on Earth.

But especially, I dig the idea of a movie rich in alien creatures. These hunting prey  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed