LV-223; Deacon/Neomorph and Xenomorph turf war

Started by Kenner_Alien_Kaste, Aug 04, 2019, 02:27:55 AM

Author
LV-223; Deacon/Neomorph and Xenomorph turf war (Read 4,741 times)

SM

Quote from: Kenner_Alien_Kaste on Aug 04, 2019, 09:24:39 PM
Quote from: SM on Aug 04, 2019, 08:45:42 PM
Yes but instead of just "who would win in a fight?'  what reason would they have to fight?  The Xenomorph/ Neomorph fight got cut, and an earlier draft had one Alien fighting two Neomorphs, but then the Alien and surviving Neomorph both attack Griffen/ Daniels and Lope.

They could fight over territory for one-A Hive takes up a lot of space, and Neomorphs are fairly mobile creatures with their little sacks spread all over the place. They could also fight over hosts/food, seeing as both species need other animals for both their brood to gestate and for them to eat. Finally, barring the obvious 'You look like a threat' excuse, I suppose it would just be kinda fun. It's the whole 'Alien vs Predator' argument crux I suppose; It's not 'Why are they fighting?' it's 'Why not because it's AWESOME!' (or well, it can be...the Video Games and comics I think did a bit of a better job)

Seems pretty superficial.

Aliens and Predators have a reason to fight - Predators hunt and Aliens want to propogate.

We have no idea if the Neomorphs produce the mote sacs, and the pursuit of the Covenant crew doesn't seem to indicate territoriality. They kill on site and don't seem to be interested in breeding. So would it attack an Alien to eat it? Could it eat it? They don't have acid blood but is it impervious to acid burns?

Does an Alien see a Neomorph as a potential host or threat?

The Old One

The Old One

Perhaps only if it's a direct threat to the propagation of the Alien itself. Obtaining a potential host.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 04, 2019, 11:04:03 PM
Perhaps only if it's a direct threat to the propagation of the Alien itself. Obtaining a potential host.

I may not have thought this through, and I apologize if any of this seems dumb.

The Old One

The Old One

Don't worry about it. You're mainly intelligent, scientific and considered with your theory-crafting.

razeak

Territory is pretty common amongst competing species. They aren't bad ideas.  Now that the seeds are planted you could grow the idea.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 05, 2019, 03:00:33 AM
Don't worry about it. You're mainly intelligent, scientific and considered with your theory-crafting.

Thank you, I try to be-I guess I just thought it was cool to see the Xenomorphs adopt some traits and strengths of their predecessors on LV-223, and if nothing else it looked really cool to see a new breed in action (and admittedly, there are still problems with their portrayal but I think it had some strengths. For example full on eyes look terrible, but individual variation a-la the Neomorphs between members of the hive is cool)

Quote from: razeak on Aug 05, 2019, 03:26:29 AM
Territory is pretty common amongst competing species. They aren't bad ideas.  Now that the seeds are planted you could grow the idea.

Admittedly it needs some serious tweaking, but who knows? If nothing else I think it'd be nifty to see how the two would react-They'd be confused as hell most likely as to what the other one is, why it smells and acts and sounds like them but is clearly NOT one of their respective species.

bobby brown

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 04, 2019, 09:52:24 PM
I personally don't see the Neomorph as a species, just the intentional end result of the Pathogen cleansing a planet of life, but because we see no reproduction cycle I believe the creature is intentionally designed to go extinct. Leaving the world clean for a complete restart.

Yeah, I also think each Neomorph is unique, all tough similar to one other, as visualized in the different birthings for instance.
One Neomorph might look like the one in the movie, another might look like the one in my Avatar. Different hosts aside.

The Old One

The Old One

And, I don't see the Neomorph creating any infrastructure because it's essentially designed to destroy the surviving life, then presumably itself is unsustainable so it then goes extinct, rendering the planet completely lifeless and then ready for restart.
As The RPG confirmed. And I personally see LV-223 as a barren wasteland to the point every facility is destroyed, covered and rendered inert beneath the storm.

"There is nothing in the desert,
and no man needs nothing."

bobby brown

What else did the RPG say? :P :o

The Old One

The Old One

Plenty, I sent you a PM detailing the Neomorph's inclusion.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 06, 2019, 03:04:18 PM
Plenty, I sent you a PM detailing the Neomorph's inclusion.

Now I admit I'm curious-What else has been included in the RPG?

The Old One

The Old One

A great deal, a large enough amount so it's hard to compose it all together.

Kenner_Alien_Kaste

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 07, 2019, 01:20:49 PM
A great deal, a large enough amount so it's hard to compose it all together.

I'll have to try and check it out at some point-It sounds really interesting the way they're world building it all.

The Old One

The Old One

It certainly is.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed