What could have happened after the ending of Alien: Engineers?

Started by Baron Von Marlon, Jul 31, 2019, 03:02:18 AM

Author
What could have happened after the ending of Alien: Engineers? (Read 2,852 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

At some point there was talk about two back-to-back movies. Meaning they already had something in mind for the then potential sequel.
Not sure if it was around the time of this draft but anyway...
what could have happend the following below:

From the Alien: Engineers script by Jon Spaihts (Watts = Shaw)

WATTS: I'm not going to fix you, DAVID. I don't need you. I'll hold out. A ship will come.

DAVID (V.O.)(filtered)I'm certain. But who will send it? Men? Or Engineers?

Watts falls silent. She stares unhappily at the chessboard.

DAVID (V.O.)(filtered)Dr. Watts. It's your move.116.

EXT. CENTRAL CRATER - NIGHT
The massive central pyramid rises in the midst of the Engineer complex. With a BOOM, a bright beam of light shines forth from its peak, punching straight up through the clouds like a laser.

VARIOUS PYRAMIDS - AROUND LV-426
Other beams of light erupt from other pyramids. Scorching the sky with their brightness.

EXT. LV-426 ORBIT
The barren moon hangs in space, its father planet an angry red god in the background.Two dozen beams of light rise from the moon, visible even from space. A beacon. A signal.A beginning.

FADE OUT.

THE END.

The Old One

The Old One

I really wish instead of Prometheus,
we recieved a tweaked "Alien: Engineers" the more I consider it.
Unless the final prequel redeems the storyline.
I imagine after the end of the original script is a completely new storyline from the Alien series, a more philosophical one exploring our relationship with the universe but we'll ultimately never know.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jul 31, 2019, 05:14:40 AMbut we'll ultimately never know.

Unless we pull off a Misery/Airheads on John Spaihts and Scott Free Productions  ;D

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jul 31, 2019, 05:14:40 AM
I really wish instead of Prometheus,
we recieved a tweaked "Alien: Engineers" the more I consider it.
Unless the final prequel redeems the storyline.
I imagine after the end of the original script is a completely new storyline from the Alien series, a more philosophical one exploring our relationship with the universe but we'll ultimately never know.

Indeed. That script was two things in one: a direct prequel and the beginning of a side plot. The story tackle the Alien origins, the true nature of Space Jockey and the reason for its shipwreck. So yeah, this film would have had two sequels that would go in parallel.

Alien Engineers sequel 1:

Alien Engineers sequel 2:

Maybe we should change the past to build an alternative future as in the butterfly effect movie, although Baron's idea is more plausible  :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

Yes, I believe Damon Lindelof talked about the concept.

Huggs

I don't know what could've happened. But I know what should've happened.

Prometheus should've been a complete story that made decent sense and tied directly into the first film at the end. If the reception was good, then Fox could decide whether there was enough interest to continue with more films.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed totally agreed.
Alien or not,
ambiguity or not.

Baron Von Marlon

Let's not turn this into another "Prometheus should've been..." debate, please  :)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 01, 2019, 07:38:11 AM
Yes, I believe Damon Lindelof talked about the concept.

Yes, and while He was talking about the sequel to our Prometheus, instead of Alien: Engineers, Lindelof thought that the sequel would go in parallel without touching the main continuity. People (including me) can criticize Prometheus, but to this day I'm curious about how that story would have been.

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 01, 2019, 04:00:32 PM
I don't know what could've happened. But I know what should've happened.

Prometheus should've been a complete story that made decent sense and tied directly into the first film at the end. If the reception was good, then Fox could decide whether there was enough interest to continue with more films.

After Alien: The Engineers, the next story might had follow Watts/Shaw and her quest for a god (even if there is no such thing). She would uncover some clues while exploring the Engineers civilization in depth, which is very ancient.

I think Fiendishly Inventive got it with the philosophical approach. She lost everything, so the next step is to try to sort the ideas in her head and achieve some purpose or transcendence.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed