27 (75%)
Daniels
9 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author
Shaw or Daniels? (Read 5,618 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I love the serial killer angle regardless, the work of Matt Hatton and Dane Hallett alone, amazing.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 27, 2019, 01:56:19 AM
I love the serial killer angle regardless, the work of Matt Hatton and Dane Hallett alone, amazing.

Right-O

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 27, 2019, 01:25:52 AM
Taking her secretly aboard covenant would be difficult though.

I was thinking about the "what if" scenario where Shaw was rescued by Daniels who sacrificed herself to save her and the rest of the Covenant crew. Then she was put to sleep, and somehow David recorded when he was murdering Daniels in order to load the footage in Shaw's dreams while she's asleep.

He probably doesn't have the equipment though  :P

Unless they did a nod to Prometheus and he had her alive somehow as a head in a bag.

Then the real psycho stuff begins.

He merges what's left of her with Daniels body. Putting her back together as she did him. Forced to watch of course. Now she'd have a fertile womb. Then mutating both her and himself using the goo so they'd be able to procreate. A twisted take on Adam and Eve, with Eve being less than willing.

Madness, mutation, death.

What's left either hibernates or kills everything. Pursuing engineers shoot down the covenant or find it landed. One gets infected = Alien 79.

That would be genuinely creepy. I would pay to see it  8)

Huggs

Huggs

Or he plugs footage off himself murdering Walter into Daniels dreams.

David can be taken many directions.

He's like the Hannibal of space.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Shaw is more annoying (religious arc) but that paradoxically makes her more interesting. Plus she's more believable as a character. I don't know if it's because of the script or Noomi's performance.

The Old One

The Old One

It's definitely Noomi Rapace, Prometheus' script doesn't do anyone any good for characterisation.

0321recon

0321recon

Taking her secretly aboard covenant would be difficult though.

Unless they did a nod to Prometheus and he had her alive somehow as a head in a bag.

Then the real psycho stuff begins.

He merges what's left of her with Daniels body. Putting her back together as she did him. Forced to watch of course. Now she'd have a fertile womb. Then mutating both her and himself using the goo so they'd be able to procreate. A twisted take on Adam and Eve, with Eve being less than willing.

Madness, mutation, death.

What's left either hibernates or kills everything. Pursuing engineers shoot down the covenant or find it landed. One gets infected = Alien 79.

I'd watch this. It would give closure to Shaw, David and the Engineers even if it's this fckd up.

If I remember right didn't Walter have a back pack with him and 'Walter' went back with it on the Covenant. If he did, then it could be possible to write that he's brought her head with him.

Then, I'd write an intro for Awakening showing the lead up to Shaw's death by the hands of David. Then, go from there.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Riddles' response to our ideas....

Huggs

Huggs

And our response to the ideas he's allowed this far.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 27, 2019, 01:25:09 PM
And our response to the ideas he's allowed this far.

:laugh: indeed

kwisatz

kwisatz

Rapace might be the better actress overall, but i keep thinking Waterston wouldve been the better cast for Shaw. Maybe even vice versa.

Huggs

Huggs

Rapace did fine with the material she had. The problem with Prometheus was the writing.

This continued in Covenant with that 2 second cadaver shot. At least in Alien 3, the dead characters had an autopsy and a funeral service.

I'd say she was terribly underutilized overall.

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 27, 2019, 11:40:05 PM
Rapace did fine with the material she had. The problem with Prometheus was the writing.

This continued in Covenant with that 2 second cadaver shot. At least in Alien 3, the dead characters had an autopsy and a funeral service.

I'd say she was terribly underutilized overall.

I agree. That's what I hope if a third film ever gets done, we get something with her like we did with Weyland at the beginning of Covenant as closure though in the same time setting up what will eventually be David's downfall.

The Old One

The Old One

I doubt it, and I thought brutally murdered and reconstructed to David's design is perfectly apt for the film itself against Prometheus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed