Bill Paxton in 2nd Alien and Predator films...why not 2nd AvP film?

Started by Hankerson, Feb 17, 2007, 08:32:21 PM

Author
Bill Paxton in 2nd Alien and Predator films...why not 2nd AvP film? (Read 2,835 times)

Hankerson

Bill Paxton was in "Aliens" as well as "Predator 2". I think he should be in "Alien vs. Predator 2" if only for consistency, at least a small cameo. What do you think?

Darkoo

Bad idea. why? He wasn't a main character in Predator 2.

Darkness

No, I don't like it either. Too many problems for continuity.

SM

As long as he doesn't play someone connected to the existing films, then there's no continuity issues whatsoever.

If there was a decent role and they could afford him, the only real problem I see is it removes the realism - people will be going "Check it out!  Bill Pax-a-ton!" rather than paying attention to his character.

Scree

Why are so many fans so obsessed with Bill Paxton?

If Lance Henrikson in AVP was a bad idea then why should Bill Baxton in AVP2 be totally awesome?!?

SiL

Because Bill Paxton is totally awesome, silly.

Although to be honest, I didn't like either of his characters in the movies ...

SM

QuoteIf Lance Henrikson in AVP was a bad idea then why should Bill Baxton in AVP2 be totally awesome?!?

Lance Henriksen playng Weyland was a bad idea.  Henriksen playing someone else unconnected to the other films wouldn't really have mattered too much.

BrokenTusk

I wouldn't mind Bill Duke getting a cameo as someone else in the movie either.

Hardass Predator

well.......bill paxton is the coolest thing since sliced bread and he needs to be in it lol

Meathead320

I was actually thinking the same thing. I think a cameo would not hurt at all.

It would also become a cool part of movie trivia.

"What actor was in A2, P2 and AVP2?":  "Bill Paxton."

That would be cool. He does not have to have any connection to past characters. He could just say a quick line like:      "I always liked sequels".  In a passing conversation with some non-important character.

That would be kickass.

BrokenTusk

I would find it hilarious if repeats one of his lines from the earlier movies and somehow incorporates it to fit in the situation that he's in AVP 2.

Hardass Predator

is there any talks of him making a cameo?

SM

Only in the erotic dreams of fanboys.

BrokenTusk

didn't know fans felt that way about Paxton  ???

Meathead320

Meathead320

Throw in a small, almost useless non-consequential scene. Only several seconds long. It would be him just being one of the Townsfolk walking up in the morning, having to go to work again, and saying:

"Work? I was just there yesterday! Damn I hate sequels, they just kill me".

The scene to the non-movie savvy would just think he is another of the Townsfolk waking up expecting a typical day. 

We would never see him again, but for those who recognize him, they could just assume he had died already, at some point in the town disaster.

Lots of scenes get filmed/ post filmed with movies, and a short cameo with him would just tie things up nicely, and add a new piece to movie trivia.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed