0 (0%)
Lost
6 (20%)
Warrior
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closes: Oct 25, 2046, 03:47:36 PM

Author
- THE LOST PREDATORS - Dedicated Thread (Read 16,745 times)

Voodoo Magic

I would love to see more of your pics NeoKazama!  If they are all City Hunter, since this is a Lost Predator thread, start a new thread and we can move the conversation over there!  :)

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 28, 2019, 02:52:59 PM
Shaman (assuming he actually was a shaman) is such a fascinating idea. I know the rituals and religious practices have been explored a bit in the comics and books, but on film it's always leaned a bit more scientific. I just love the idea of everybody suiting up with this highly advanced hardware and Shaman walks in and they do a little dance and or maybe do some sort of ritual before a hunt.

From your lips to the Predator Gods' ears, I would be thrilled to see that explored on film. Spiritualism, rituals, superstition, all of it would add a dynamic new layer to the Yautja if we got a creative enough writer & director to take it there.

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jun 28, 2019, 03:06:42 PM
I'm going to have to say Warrior is my favorite. I've always loved his mask and he was the first NECA Predator I ever owned.
Lost would be second, but thats only because I love his unofficial armored look.

That Warrior biomask is pretty wild. I love the writing on the side!

NeoKazama

Sorry about the last two then (those ARE City Hunter's) but the first one is Snake and the second is Brother Boar.

A couple more Lost Hunters

Voodoo Magic

I love seeing the bio-masks in clay!

Is the last one Scout?

NeoKazama

Believe it or not, that is The Ram or Warrior in the early stages of painting.
I put two photos next to each other, you can see the spots patterns. They are the same.

I actually got inspiration on this skin (the early stage) for my Neptune.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Nice pics! I have most of these but a couple are new to my catalog!

Quote from: NeoKazama on Jun 28, 2019, 06:03:32 PM
Believe it or not, that is The Ram or Warrior in the early stages of painting.
I put two photos next to each other, you can see the spots patterns. They are the same.

Interesting painting method then. I'm familiar with paint applications and base coats but 'A' doesn't appear necessary nor efficient to get 'C'.

I would even bet the final color scheme was a left-turn decision made along the way or perhaps a painted suit that was taken and just modified further.

NeoKazama

I've always thought the same, is a very weird way to lay down the colors, like you said, they changed their mind, maybe color wise was too close to the others. I know the makers had carte blanche to build them.

A lot of the photos are out there NOW, but it took a very long time for those photos to get release to the public since a lot of them had to get scanned from the people who own the hard copies and they refused to share until a few years back.
And i am very glad they did.

Voodoo Magic

Yeah me too. It's been a frustrating trickling of information. I'm still baffled the Lost Predators dancing video took almost 20 years to see the light of day! :-\

[cancerblack]

Gort all day erry day for me

Voodoo Magic

Does anyone know the genesis of this Lost Predator time traveller declaration by NECA?

Was it an assumption made by NECA based on the 1715 Raphael Adolini flintlock, as in no Predator could live that long to have claimed such a weapon without time travel, or is there something in the EU I've missed?

JokersWarPig

Could be...but honestly I don't like the idea of Predators time traveling. I'd prefer if they just had an extremely long life span.

Voodoo Magic

It's my preference too, that Yautja can live up to or around 300 human years. At least, that was the impression I got when first seeing the film.

Samhain13

Samhain13

That's just Neca making up stuff about figures. The Berserker Predator figure box said that he was the youngest predator to ever kill an alien, there was some made up stuff on other figures but I don't remember.

Its pretty much just fanfiction. Predators live a lot compared to humans, its implied in Predator 2. And some EU material focused specifically on that aspect of them.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jul 25, 2019, 03:40:45 PM
That's just Neca making up stuff about figures. The Berserker Predator figure box said that he was the youngest predator to ever kill an alien, there was some made stuff on other figures but I don't remember.

Huh. Interesting.

So can we say there is a NECA Canon? Someone needs to compile all the data for the new universe!   ;D

QuoteIts pretty much just fanfiction. Predators live a lot compared to humans, its implied in Predator 2. And some EU material focused specifically on that aspect of them.

Yep. That was always my notion.

JokersWarPig

Technically speaking wouldn't the Kenner remakes be their own cannon?

Voodoo Magic

It looks like we have our work cut out for us.  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed