How Fugitive was captured?

Started by Kradan, Apr 25, 2019, 12:34:23 AM

Author
How Fugitive was captured? (Read 3,083 times)

Kradan

Kradan

I think one of the problem that "so so" editing of The Predator causes is that it's unclear how Stargazer captured Fugitive. Prequel novel realy has showed that capturing Predator alive is tough thing to do and at the end of the book trained specificaly for such task team was completely out of game.

So, i just interested to know is there some missed footage or something in leaked script or just fan theories?

Huggs

Huggs

I think poor filmmaking was responsible.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Didn't Quinn kind of knocked the Fugitive out on the prologue? I assumed when Stargazer arrived it was still down on the ground.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

In the leaked script I believe it indicated the Fugitive was playing possum and wanted to be captured.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 25, 2019, 02:14:11 AM
In the leaked script I believe it indicated the Fugitive was playing possum and wanted to be captured.

Hmm... I'm not sure but that could have also been mentioned on the novelization.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 25, 2019, 02:18:20 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 25, 2019, 02:14:11 AM

Hmm... I'm not sure but that could have also been mentioned on the novelization.

Maybe. I never checked out the novelization.

Here's some relevant script snippets:

SuperiorIronman

He was playing possum.

The art book also mentions this. He needed to get away from Upgrade and he needed to rearm himself due to the crash. As a result he allows himself to get captured by Stargazer and then takes gear to continue fleeing.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 25, 2019, 12:34:23 AM
I think one of the problem that "so so" editing of The Predator causes is that it's unclear how Stargazer captured Fugitive. Prequel novel realy has showed that capturing Predator alive is tough thing to do and at the end of the book trained specificaly for such task team was completely out of game.

So, i just interested to know is there some missed footage or something in leaked script or just fan theories?

So so ? You're being kind ! Sometimes it's so so, but sometimes it's catastrophic ! How in the hell did Olivia Munn teleport herself behind the upgrade at the end ? She was miles away from the flying ship a few minutes before that !

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Bike she stole from a police man. (IIRC)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 25, 2019, 03:02:43 PM
Bike she stole from a police man. (IIRC)

I meant in the final movie we got.

Wysps

Wysps

Suspension of disbelief. I think at that point in the movie, we were just supposed to go with the flow  ;D

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

yautjapet

yautjapet

Why did he just leave his gauntlet and mask laying on the jungle floor? How did it magically fall off of him, and why wouldn't he just grab it on his way out of the pod? Why does he need to play dead to get to the facility and get the same equipment back that was right there on the ground? Seven months later and the plot holes still have my head spinning...!

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

;D

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah i guess fugitive should've retrieved his gear instead of taking time partially skinning a dude. But hey, a callback's a callback.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed