Headcanon

Started by Number13, Apr 07, 2019, 05:18:33 AM

Author
Headcanon (Read 7,332 times)

SM

SM

QuoteBut it doesn't matter anymore, again, people can decide for themselves what is canon.

They can.  But it doesn't make it the official Fox canon.

QuoteBut I don't include it because human spawned Alien pop out of those, what are they called, Ryshi rhinos, because I like the element that Aliens take the features from the host. Despite the fact that I hate Alien3.

Aliens taking features from their host was a thing since Alien.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Apr 09, 2019, 12:08:48 AM
QuoteBut it doesn't matter anymore, again, people can decide for themselves what is canon.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 26, 2018, 01:18:05 AM
Quote from: SM on Dec 26, 2018, 01:14:05 AM
"Many people" are desperately clutching at straws.

Would it be accurate to say that facts don't care about their feelings?

Number13

Number13

Quote from: SM on Apr 09, 2019, 12:08:48 AM

QuoteBut I don't include it because human spawned Alien pop out of those, what are they called, Ryshi rhinos, because I like the element that Aliens take the features from the host. Despite the fact that I hate Alien3.

Aliens taking features from their host was a thing since Alien.

The point I'm trying to make, is that there is no official Fox canon, it's their choice to decide. I hate to keep bringing up Alien3, but I don't like where Alien3 took the series, so to me, the end of the Alien timeline is "Aliens", nothing happened after that. Course I have my own fan fiction stories, but that's just me. Hence, my own headcanon.

"It's what I choose to believe."
- Dr. Elisabeth Shaw, 2093

Not to discredit you, but if the element of taking features from the host was established in Alien, then the AVP comic books would have had all the Xenos that birthed from the alien (other world animal) rhinos would've had their features. But they didn't, probably because that element was utilized until Alien3. As I asked before, how do you explain the Xenos birthing from all those alien rhinos and all came out looking like human spawned Xenos?

SM

SM

QuoteThe point I'm trying to make, is that there is no official Fox canon, it's their choice to decide.

There IS official Fox canon.

People can still choose to follow it or not.

QuoteNot to discredit you, but if the element of taking features from the host was established in Alien, then the AVP comic books would have had all the Xenos that birthed from the alien (other world animal) rhinos would've had their features. But they didn't, probably because that element was utilized until Alien3. As I asked before, how do you explain the Xenos birthing from all those alien rhinos and all came out looking like human spawned Xenos?

Ridley Scott spoke about what became known as 'DNA reflex' back in 1979.

Dark Horse simply wasn't aware of it at the time, and there was no internet to help them become aware of it.

Samhain13

Samhain13

There is only the momentary current Fox canon. Official is whatever they are trying to sell at the moment.

Number13

Number13

Quote from: SM on Apr 09, 2019, 12:36:56 AM
QuoteThe point I'm trying to make, is that there is no official Fox canon, it's their choice to decide.

There IS official Fox canon.

People can still choose to follow it or not.

You're right, they can choose to follow it it or not, that's the point. We have a choice in the matter. To me, my headcanon is (in release order):

Alien
Aliens
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Prometheus
Alien Covenant

They have yet to make a good AVP, and they probably never will, but I can still like the idea.

But the point is, there are like a million different timelines in a series, like Halloween, there are like three different timelines, people can make up their own mind what is official to them. It's all about what you enjoy, if you don't enjoy a certain story, you don't have to consider it canon.

Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 09, 2019, 12:41:40 AM
There is only the momentary current Fox canon. Official is whatever they are trying to sell at the moment.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

SM

SM

You do if you want to be able to converse with fans on various aspects.

Getting involved in a discussion only to state 'I don't consider that canon' is the fastest to not be involved in a discussion.

'Headcanon' is just a way of trying to make 'stuff I like' sound like it has some weight in the grand scheme of things.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Headcanon is damage control when directors and writers screw things up.

SM

SM

Such as?

Number13

Number13

Quote from: SM on Apr 09, 2019, 12:48:16 AM

Getting involved in a discussion only to state 'I don't consider that canon' is the fastest to not be involved in a discussion.

'Headcanon' is just a way of trying to make 'stuff I like' sound like it has some weight in the grand scheme of things.

I was merely sharing my outlook on life and thought I could inspire people who like and dislike certain events of the Alien/Predator franchise to make up their own minds. Do with it as you please, I don't care.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: SM on Apr 09, 2019, 12:52:22 AM
Such as?

Alien 3 magical egg. People make their own explanations about it and some can work, writers didn't bother to explain it.

Difference in size between the original space jockey and the engineers. Maybe the guy from ALIEN was modified to be taller or whatever, like Spartans from Halo.

Space jockey being a suit, come on you watched Alien more times than me, that close up on the Jockey face... it wasn't a goddamn suit. Then people make theories about being 2 separate species.

How the space gooze works, it can just kills things, makes others become violent, make little worms get huge and bleed acid, made a bunch of engineers get chestbursted(the dead ones in that pile), makes neomorphs, makes trilobites too when some random events take place. Oh and there is the kind that the sacrificional engineer used. Its a random mess and people can make their own explanations on why its like that.

Why technology on Prometheus seems more advanced than in other alien movies.

That's what I remember off the top of my head on the Alien movies.

Quote from: Number13 on Apr 09, 2019, 01:01:59 AM
Do with it as you please, I don't care.

He is always a meanie in canon threads.

SM

SM

Quote from: SM on Apr 09, 2019, 12:48:16 AM

I was merely sharing my outlook on life and thought I could inspire people who like and dislike certain events of the Alien/Predator franchise to make up their own minds. Do with it as you please, I don't care.

People have been doing precisely that for some time.

Number13

Number13

Do with it as you please, I don't care.

He is always a meanie in canon threads.
[/quote]

Was I mean? I didn't mean to be mean. Sure I was a little crazy a long time ago, but I think I've grown, maybe I'm wrong about that too. I've just been taking a lot of heat because of my perception on the franchises and was just trying to end the conversation by saying "it's your proactive." Sorry. I just can't get a break.

Naginata

Naginata

I kno this isn't technically a "share your headcanon" thread, but since there's no other place to put the following thought, well...

My headcanon is that the Deacon is a Xeno who's really shit at being a Xeno. Like, he can bleed acid, but it's only potent enough to give you a bad rash. He can headbite with that big ole' jaw, but it'll just feel like a really strong finger poke. Building a hive is like... he pukes up a bit of slime and wipes it on the wall. If he tried to pull off the "climb through the ceiling" trick from Aliens, he would just end up getting stuck and falling through the AC duct. Then he would get up, trip, get up again, and run behind a table; Ripley and co. would pretend not to see him out of pity.

He is bad at being an Alien, but damn it, he's doing his best.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Number13 on Apr 09, 2019, 02:14:55 AM
Was I mean? I didn't mean to be mean. Sure I was a little crazy a long time ago, but I think I've grown, maybe I'm wrong about that too. I've just been taking a lot of heat because of my perception on the franchises and was just trying to end the conversation by saying "it's your proactive." Sorry. I just can't get a break.

No. I was talking about SM. He always brings up "The Official Sacred Fox Canon" everytime someones mentions something about headcanon/personal canon. Mean.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed