Total Members Voted: 28

Author
Alien 3 vs Predators (Read 1,427 times)

yhe1

yhe1

Which is the better movie?

SM

SM

Predators is more coherent, but I like Alien 3 better.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

^ This.

Highland

Highland

Even as a Pred man , Alien 3 is better. Just a better made film although I like Predators.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Yeah, i really like Predators, but Alien3 all the way despite it's faults.

PsyKore

PsyKore

As messy as Alien 3 is, it's still light years ahead of mostly everything that came out afterwards.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

I love the visuals and the oppressive atmosphere of Alien 3. It has some of Sigourney Weaver's best acting as Ripley. But I still think I enjoy Predators more as a film overall. In my opinion it's almost on the level of Alien, Aliens and Predator for the entertainment value. Though sometimes the nostalgia for Alien 3 comes through and I might enjoy it more.

Russ

Russ

Tough one, but I'm gonna go with Predators. It's getting better with age, I think. Alien3 is great, but has too many issues that (I guess for fans) take you out of the movie.

I enjoy the fact that Predators acknowledges and respects its franchise history ( I don't want to go down the "and repeats it" argument road!) and adds some new ideas which I thought were great.

And it has Danny Trejo.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Mar 27, 2019, 06:30:52 AM
Predators is more coherent, but I like Alien 3 better.
This.

Alien3 doesn't treat me like a f**king moron for most of its first act, which is nice.

dave1978

dave1978

Warms my heart that among the fan community Alien 3 is generally well liked

Kradan

Kradan

I think these movies are SO different that it really hard to choose which is better. I love them both for their own reasons.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Alien 3 is better made, but has been the epicenter of annoying and occasionally toxic debates.

Predators is eh, but has been the epicenter of hilarious conversations about how Hicks somehow likes this better than Predator 2.

Predators is easier to have lighthearted conversations about without delving into bullshit.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I have to think about this more, but I am inclined to vote for Alien3 here. Alien3 clearly has more problems than Predators, and I like Predators, but Predators retreads so much of the first film (more than a homage / less than a remake) that I feel compelled to give my nod to the more original of the two.

imo

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Alien 3

Samhain13

Samhain13

Alien 3 extended cut > Predators > Alien 3 normal cut

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed