The Weyland-Yutani Report makes AVP canon?

Started by Frosty Venom, Feb 21, 2019, 05:32:44 AM

Author
The Weyland-Yutani Report makes AVP canon? (Read 13,627 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Incorrect. Conversation declined.

SM's correct, seeya.

Frosty Venom

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 21, 2019, 07:47:22 AM
Incorrect. Conversation declined.

SM's correct, seeya.

Allllrighty then.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Oasis Nadrama on Feb 21, 2019, 06:50:44 AM
Why would you even want to put AVP back into the canon?
Because it's cool and good?

Was that a trick question? ???

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Feb 21, 2019, 05:37:08 AM
There are also no references to the AvP films.

I can't offer anything more.

I'm not sure it can get any clearer than this?

Local Trouble

I think OP is only referring to the recent AvP EU, not the films.

Corporal Hicks

Oh, for sure, the Fire and Stone / Life and Death run are alluded to in the WYR. But it's not like one AvP = AvP.

Local Trouble

But if even one AvP story is canon, doesn't that get the predators' proverbial foot in the door?

Corporal Hicks

I should imagine so.

Frosty Venom

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 21, 2019, 09:39:23 AM
I think OP is only referring to the recent AvP EU, not the films.

Yes I was indeed. Thank you.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 21, 2019, 09:46:03 AM
But if even one AvP story is canon, doesn't that get the predators' proverbial foot in the door?

This.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 21, 2019, 09:42:32 AM
Oh, for sure, the Fire and Stone / Life and Death run are alluded to in the WYR. But it's not like one AvP = AvP.

So you see Fire and Stone/Life and Death & the 2014 Alien Trilogy (and therefore The Rage War Trilogy) as canon or no? What do you mean by one AVP ≠ AVP.

SiL

Just because one story gets a mention doesn't mean the rest of everything else is fair game.

Corporal Hicks

I was under the impression that all Alien (and vs. Predator) EU after Fire & Stone (comics) and Alien: Out of the Shadows (novels) was what was being considered as canon. Except Bug Hunt because that explicitly says only some are considered canon but unhelpfully doesn't specify. And SiL was correct as to what I meant.

Voodoo Magic

Wait!

Fox has something to add to this:

Okay, back to the conversation!  ;D

Frosty Venom

Ah okay thanks for explaining. It's good to hear that you consider post Fire and Stone & Out of the Shadows AVP canon. I might make a list soon of which stories from the Bug Hunt anthology could fit fluently into the canon.

No where did I suggest that this means the AVP films are also canon. Though I do consider them so myself.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Feb 21, 2019, 11:35:15 AM
Ah okay thanks for explaining. It's good to hear that you consider post Fire and Stone & Out of the Shadows AVP canon. I might make a list soon of which stories from the Bug Hunt anthology could fit fluently into the canon.

No where did I suggest that this means the AVP films are also canon. Though I do consider them so myself.

SiL

Quote from: Frosty Venom on Feb 21, 2019, 11:35:15 AM

It felt like it at first from the Weyland example.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed