Who do you want in the director's seat for a new Alien\AVP\Predator movie?

Started by The Kurgan, Feb 19, 2019, 10:01:37 AM

Author
Who do you want in the director's seat for a new Alien\AVP\Predator movie? (Read 5,126 times)

Samhain13

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 20, 2019, 08:09:45 PM
I just want to see Ridley Scott do an honest to God alien movie again .

For that Ridley's influence over the movie needs to be decreased. He would have to stay only at the directing part and keep his ideas out of the plot.

Huggs

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 20, 2019, 08:37:41 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Feb 20, 2019, 08:09:45 PM
I just want to see Ridley Scott do an honest to God alien movie again .

For that Ridley's influence over the movie needs to be decreased. He would have to stay only at the directing part and keep his ideas out of the plot.

Exactly.

LastSonofKrypton

Alien  Denis Villeneuve or Gullermo Del Toro

Predator Antoine Fuqua

AvP Neil Blompkamp or Gareth Evans

Ingwar

My favourite director ... Michael Bay ;D

LastSonofKrypton

Huggs

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 20, 2019, 09:39:53 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 20, 2019, 09:24:35 PM
My favourite director ... Michael Bay ;D

Take me now Lord.

Imagine Ripley waking up from hypersleep, we see others, marines slowly climbing from their chambers, Bishop is making his rounds, Apone is crunching a cigar, the air is silent, then an eighteen wheeler comes in and BWAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSHHH

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Feb 20, 2019, 09:22:08 PM
Alien  Denis Villeneuve or Guillermo Del Toro

Predator Antoine Fuqua

AvP Neill Blomkamp or Gareth Evans

Excellent choices.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Feb 20, 2019, 09:22:08 PM
Alien  Denis Villeneuve or Gullermo Del Toro

Predator Antoine Fuqua

AvP Neil Blompkamp or Gareth Evans

Neil doing an AVP movie would be interesting. I never thought about that and he is mostly mentioned in context with his Alien 5 pitch.

But I can see it work. His action scenes with mechs, creatures, exosuits are some highlights of his movies. He could probably direct some great alien vs predator clashes.

I don't think he would be down for it, but I am kinda interested what Denis Villeneuve would do with a Predator movie.

For a smallscale stand alone horror-heavy Alien movie, i think Neil Marshall would be an interesting choice. He did claustrophobic in the dark great in The Descent.

SiL

Neil Marshall for any of them, honestly. Still bummed he didn't do Predators.

funk_master_chunk

If you want a more 'serious' or adult take on Alien you need Villenueve or Alex Garland. 

If you want a more action-packed film (in line with Aliens) then I think Chad Stahelski ans David Leitch did a good job with the John Wick films and their take on it would be very interesting.  They'd also be my shout for AvP.

As for Predator, I'm completely stumped. Complete rank outsider would be Jordan Peele. If he could get the suspense from Get Out in a Pred film, I think you're on to a winner.

funk_master_chunk

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 22, 2019, 02:58:10 AM
I don't think you NEED either of those two, but they'd be excellent choices amongst many good choices.

I think for a good Alien which riffs on the original, that you'd need either of them, personally.

That said, there's a lot of technically sound directors out there who could do a job with even a half decent script. And I think (as evidenced by The Predator) that it's been poor writing/story which has let the franchises down massively of late.

yhe1

How about Ronny Yu? He did a good job with Freddy vs Jason

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Villeneuve for Alien

Let Predator just settle for a while IMO, although Peele wouldn't be awful, since he's been mentioned.

AvP - Jordan Vogt-Roberts, with the caveat of having a genuinely competent script. Possibly a left field choice but he can do an entertaining monster mash and imo could do great work with AvP, again with the right writer.
AvP is also the only one olm8 Blommy should be allowed near.

SuperiorIronman

I'd love to see Rodriguez do Predator again, but J.A. Bayona has shown he can work well with a balance of horror, action, and even a little humor with Jurassic World:Fallen Kingdom.

Andy Muschietti if coming on with the same kind of enthusiasm he had for IT or Mama, he would do wonders for Predator if one played up just how disturbing the creature is. Outside of Predator I'd even be down for him doing Aliens Versus Predator.

While I'm not sold entirely on Jordan Peele I don't doubt he'd be a decent director for it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed