How long has Ridley held this notion of who the Space Jockey really is?

Started by Perfect-Organism, Feb 12, 2019, 02:17:48 AM

Author
How long has Ridley held this notion of who the Space Jockey really is? (Read 16,303 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Haha, yes I am.

razeak

If i was a betting man, i bet we haven't even seen the final definition of space jockey or engineer. Ridley bounces around on ideas.

The Old One

The Old One

I certainly hope so.

Baron Von Marlon

Watching The Orville. Reminded me of the Jockey.
Imagine something like this.
I think I prefer the Engineers we got.

The Old One

The Old One

I wanted something biomechanical, with digitigrade legs and very long arms, with no eyes, only sockets, and a fleshy translucent skin.

FenGiddel

A one-legged space chicken! Buck-buck-kaw!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 24, 2020, 04:42:11 AM
I wanted something biomechanical, with digitigrade legs and very long arms, with no eyes, only sockets, and a fleshy translucent skin.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Kimarhi on Nov 07, 2019, 03:50:32 AMspontaneously exploding jockey head

That happened. I forgot.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

When I think in a real Space Jockey, I am actually thinking on this:

and not on this  :P

Similarly, I imagine the Jockey's xeno-offspring be more like this:

rather than this...

I mean.. Do people really think that an Space Jockey would have skin ??? That's like not understanding the concept, pretty much like when people sometimes take in a very literal way the genetic traits inherited from a host in the Alien. I'd say it's even hard to conclude that the Space Jockey had legs. I've even come to think of something surreal, such as the living vortex or fractal-like creature from the movie Annihilation. A really otherworldly entity capable of manipulating matter on the atomic scale and creating complex forms of artificial life. Or even a life form capable of manipulating the space-time itself. It may sound like God-like powers, but still cool in my opinion.  8)

David Weyland

I had a crazy thought one time that at the conclusion of the third prequel, humanity is somehow punished (rather than annihilated ) by some atomic particle freeze time warp retro fit zap ray thing from the Heavens onto Earth and sets all our technology back 1979 style to how it looks in Alien without anyone realising, ironing out a crease..possibly

The Old One

The Old One

Awful idea.

David Weyland

Be great for a certain type of continuity 😄

Local Trouble

I don't think she agrees.  Not at all.

David Weyland

~There is nothing in the desert
&
no man needs nothing~

Immortan Jonesy

Every time I read those quotes I do it with David's voice in my head. Thank you  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed