If the sequel to Alien took a different direction

Started by The Kurgan, Oct 28, 2018, 05:01:36 PM

Author
If the sequel to Alien took a different direction (Read 4,209 times)

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 02, 2018, 07:04:34 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Nov 02, 2018, 06:42:36 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 02, 2018, 06:35:15 PM
Bill Paxton was a punk in the first film.

Gotcha. Definitely need to put more movies on my to-do list.

What?  You never saw the original 1984 classic, "The Terminator"?  *gives you the 'evil eye'))*

Not yet. I got a long list. :)

Huggs

Bill was the only guy to get killed by a predator, an alien, and a terminator. He took em' all on. He truly was the ultimate badass.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 02, 2018, 09:06:56 PM

Bill was the only guy to get killed by a predator, an alien, and a terminator. He took em' all on. He truly was the ultimate badass.

Are we forgetting Lance Henriksen?

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 02, 2018, 10:00:53 PM

I was just thinking that.

whiterabbit

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Nov 02, 2018, 10:13:08 PM

I was just thinking that.
The Queen only tore him in half. So that doesn't count. It was Ripley that Terminated him without much of a second thought.

Unless I'm missing something...  ???

Voodoo Magic

Alien 3. What causes the ship fire ultimately resulting in Bishop damaged beyond repair?

SM

Hudson was prolly killed in the destruction of the AP station if one wanted to get really picky.

Voodoo Magic

If we really, really, really want to get picky, Bill Paxton was never killed by a Terminator. He was just thrown and knocked out.  ;D

Huggs

Lance played an android in Aliens. Whether it was the queen or Ripley taking him offline that caused his demise, he was still artificial. Bill was the only actual human that went face-to-face with all three.

whiterabbit

Yea it's not conclusive that Paxton was killed by the terminator or the alien for that matter but it can be assumed he dies in the nuclear fire in both movies. Although in a round about way Lance Henriksen was killed by pumpkin head. What does Bill have to counter this with?

Thus the only thing this proves is that the Predator gets the job done.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 03, 2018, 08:03:55 PM
Whether it was the queen or Ripley taking him offline that caused his demise, he was still artificial. Bill was the only actual human that went face-to-face with all three.

I think the internet narrative is Bill Paxton is the only actor to have been killed by a Terminator, Predator and Alien... not Bill Paxton is the only actor who played a human to have been killed by a Terminator, Predator and Alien.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Nov 03, 2018, 08:50:19 PM
Yea it's not conclusive that Paxton was killed by the terminator or the alien for that matter but it can be assumed he dies in the nuclear fire in both movies.

Note: Skynet creates that nuclear fire in "The Terminator", not a Terminator, so neither nuclear file were villian caused. :D

The Cruentus

I'm pretty sure Skynet counts as a villian, being the main antagonist or at least the greater threat in the series.

Voodoo Magic

* thee villian this saying/factoid/meme is based on.

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 04, 2018, 01:28:10 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Nov 03, 2018, 08:03:55 PM
Whether it was the queen or Ripley taking him offline that caused his demise, he was still artificial. Bill was the only actual human that went face-to-face with all three.

I think the internet narrative is Bill Paxton is the only actor to have been killed by a Terminator, Predator and Alien... not Bill Paxton is the only actor who played a human to have been killed by a Terminator, Predator and Alien.

It's an internet narrative? I thought it was a cool factoid folks would miss if they weren't looking for it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed