What would you have changed?

Started by genocyber, Oct 20, 2018, 12:20:48 PM

Author
What would you have changed? (Read 4,475 times)

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

I think the Predator never scared me, I was always fascinated instead.

I thought the way it worked was badass, and I just wanted to know what the hell the thing was....and then when I finally saw it, I really wanted to know what the damn thing was!

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

If we're talking about just changing things in the context of the movie and not the entire setting this is what I would do
Keep the emissary Predators but have them look more "Predator" and less "US Army".
Make the fights between the Assassin and the regular Preds longer and more brutal.
Make the "loonies" all members of McKenna's team from the beginning of the movie.

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 22, 2018, 08:30:12 AM
Conceptually there's some genuinely interesting stuff in the film but I'd rework it completely using those elements.

A proper extended Predator vs Predator conflict due to a difference of opinions that doesn't relate to invading Earth, an actual hunt taking place that lasts throughout most of the movie. Something like Stargazer or OWLF that is going after the Predators, but perhaps keep the damaged elements by making it like the comic Hunters and having them survivors of past events with their own demons.

see a whole community of fans with members who understand the lore and why it worked - but no lets ask elsewhere. why cant they have a test screening for avpgalaxy scified aficionado and say hey what you guys think? 

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

There's absolutely no certainty this would have turned out better than what we got honestly.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: SiL on Oct 24, 2018, 10:49:26 AM
Take itself seriously. Have the occasional quip, but for f**k's sake, take itself seriously. Predator has cheese, but it's not a cheese pizza with cheese-stuffed crust and extra cheese and liberal mentions of "LOL LOOK HOW CHEESY THIS PIZZA IS."

You get my point.

Aherm.

Remove Rory and the Predator Killer.

Put the Stargazer base stuff closer to the midpoint.

More focus on Predator vs Predator. Leave the central Predator vs Predator conflict for the climax and third act.

Turn the last act into a remake of the original film's climax, but the Loonies and the Fugitive vs. the Assassin.

Make the Assassin a regular Predator. There was nothing functionally different about the Upgrade version. Bullet proof skin = bullet proof armour as far as plot's concerned. Enhanced eyes = biomask. Skip the bullshit and just have it be a Predator, that's more or less what it was anyway.
This is pretty much a perfect list of changes.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: oduodu on Oct 26, 2018, 08:09:04 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 22, 2018, 08:30:12 AM
Conceptually there's some genuinely interesting stuff in the film but I'd rework it completely using those elements.

A proper extended Predator vs Predator conflict due to a difference of opinions that doesn't relate to invading Earth, an actual hunt taking place that lasts throughout most of the movie. Something like Stargazer or OWLF that is going after the Predators, but perhaps keep the damaged elements by making it like the comic Hunters and having them survivors of past events with their own demons.

see a whole community of fans with members who understand the lore and why it worked - but no lets ask elsewhere. why cant they have a test screening for avpgalaxy scified aficionado and say hey what you guys think?

They would have freaked because we would have torn them a new one lol

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, no one at Fox would want to be the one, to possibly face this...  :)

Whiskeybrewer

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Oct 26, 2018, 08:27:31 PM
There's absolutely no certainty this would have turned out better than what we got honestly.

Right.  Even as fans, we can't come to a consensus on hell of a lot of aspects about Predators (like culture, sexual dimorphism, etc.)  I think with regards to the movie, we have a lot of similar ideas though. 

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 27, 2018, 05:07:37 AM
Take itself seriously. Have the occasional quip, but for f**k's sake, take itself seriously. Predator has cheese, but it's not a cheese pizza with cheese-stuffed crust and extra cheese and liberal mentions of "LOL LOOK HOW CHEESY THIS PIZZA IS."

You get my point.

Aherm.

More focus on Predator vs Predator. Leave the central Predator vs Predator conflict for the climax and third act.

Turn the last act into a remake of the original film's climax, but the Loonies and the Fugitive vs. the Assassin.

Make the Assassin a regular Predator. There was nothing functionally different about the Upgrade version. Bullet proof skin = bullet proof armour as far as plot's concerned. Enhanced eyes = biomask. Skip the bullshit and just have it be a Predator, that's more or less what it was anyway.

Perfect.

The Old One

The Old One

No suburbs.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

-Would've gotten rid of the whole Autism being the next stage in human-evolution insinuation.
-Would've kept the emissaries.
-Would've established the characters more (also heard some of that was cut)
-Would've kept the entire original third act. Regardless how I would've felt about that, I can't think of a time when the studio execs had a better vision for a movie than the director. Reshoots almost always hurt a film unless they're are purely additive.
-Would've gotten rid of the impending Predator invasion speculation, and specified that this is a rogue Predator group.
-Would've not had Stargazer trying to kill Casey Bracket for no reason
-Obviously wouldn't have had that atrocious ending.
-Would've had a longer conflict sequence/s between Upgrade and Fugitive.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Completely agree with that, also no predator hounds because that was ridiculous.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Wysps on Oct 29, 2018, 04:01:00 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Oct 26, 2018, 08:27:31 PM

Right.  Even as fans, we can't come to a consensus on hell of a lot of aspects about Predators (like culture, sexual dimorphism, etc.)  I think with regards to the movie, we have a lot of similar ideas though. 

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 27, 2018, 05:07:37 AM

You get my point.

Aherm.

Perfect.
So much thís.

Russ840

Russ840

I would have just let Black make his movie. No reshoots or shit editing.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I would have made all the changes above... plus when Arnold declined participating saying 'I won't do it unless it's a bigger part'? Yeah, I would have went back and written him a bigger part.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed