Defiance Eggmorphing?

Started by Frosty Venom, Oct 08, 2018, 07:45:51 AM

Author
Defiance Eggmorphing? (Read 1,909 times)

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Oh well that is really cool that you put that in there. I like eggmorphing when their is no Queen available, it really shows the adaptability of the Xenomorph.

Have some of those ideas you speak of for Amanda's story gone into Aliens Resistance?

Great job on Defiance Issue #1 & #2 btw the artwork really drew me in.

tyrannosaurusjones

tyrannosaurusjones

Nah just on for covers on that one.

As I said, I'd love to do more Aliens stuff, but that's not up to me.

The Old One

The Old One

Unfortunate indeed.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Oct 10, 2018, 04:57:49 AM
Nah just on for covers on that one.

As I said, I'd love to do more Aliens stuff, but that's not up to me.

I'd say that the whole community would love for you to be working on the property. Glad we are getting some covers from you.

Any other projects that you are working on for us to look out for ?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Russ840 on Oct 10, 2018, 05:17:47 AM
I'd say that the whole community you love for you to be working on the property. Glad we are getting some covers from you.

I definitely echo that sentiment. I really can't wait for the day you do interior artwork again! I'm definitely glad we've got you in some capacity on Resistance though!

Doctor Ash

Doctor Ash

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Oct 08, 2018, 10:37:22 PM
Quote from: Russ840 on Oct 08, 2018, 01:28:44 PM
There is a point at the end of the first issue where you can see multiple cases of Xenomorph incidents on a screen, shown on a splash page.  One of those screens/images shows a part egg morphed human.

This. I did this deliberately. I also wrote a f**king ridiculously long document basically extrapolating every bit of Alien mythos to figure out the Alien lifecycle after the black goo was introduced and incorporating the now seemingly status-quo release of Ridley's DC of Alien. Back then I couldn't use the Big Chap because of Covenant being in production, and #2 originally had a queen in it. I suggested using the Big Chap evolved somewhere between it and a queen because it was in isolation and turning into a breeder, so it would either Eggmorph or start turning into a queen. Ultimately we couldn't fit all that in, so we used the praetorian, which could eggmorph and would eventually become a queen in its own right.
I really liked the first issues of Defiance. It was also great to finally see eggmorphing, which i find superior to the Queen concept used in the comics.

I'd like to know how that stuff works from your perspective, what the Xeno does to those victims chosen for eggmorphing and what exactly happens to them, if it doesn't spoil any future projects.

tyrannosaurusjones

tyrannosaurusjones

I'd say that the whole community would love for you to be working on the property. Glad we are getting some covers from you.

As I say on twitter -- I'm sure a politely suggestive email to Dark Horse, or if anyone talks to Spencer or Randy Stradley or any of the other Aliens editors, probably wouldn't hurt. ;)

Beyond that, I'm doing something with Waxworks Records that started life as a Red Sonja book, and is now a thing of its own (because let's be honest, how many copies of her and Conan are out there?) because royalties and creative freedom are better than low page rates and editors at the whim of a lawyer and his cosplaying wife, and I'm doing a thing about the Mokele Mbembe. I'm sort of doing some Lovecraft stuff and an Australian crime book, too, but it's all a matter of timing and what comes through with funding first.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 10, 2018, 07:32:50 AM
I definitely echo that sentiment. I really can't wait for the day you do interior artwork again! I'm definitely glad we've got you in some capacity on Resistance though!

You'll have to wait, unless you manage to convince Dark Horse to approve my story ASAP ;)

Quote from: Doctor Ash on Oct 10, 2018, 11:48:39 AM
I'd like to know how that stuff works from your perspective, what the Xeno does to those victims chosen for eggmorphing and what exactly happens to them, if it doesn't spoil any future projects.

It all hinges on things from Prometheus. That's all I'll say.

SM

SM

Are you still working on that Mountains of Madness thing?

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Maybe the Xenomorphs possess an ability similar to the Pathogen or Plagiarus praepotens that allows them to rewrite the DNA of their prey into that of an ovomorph.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Oct 11, 2018, 03:20:20 AM

As I say on twitter -- I'm sure a politely suggestive email to Dark Horse, or if anyone talks to Spencer or Randy Stradley or any of the other Aliens editors, probably wouldn't hurt. ;)

Some Twitter posts incoming!  :P

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 10, 2018, 07:32:50 AM

You'll have to wait, unless you manage to convince Dark Horse to approve my story ASAP ;)

Is Stradley still the man?

Doctor Ash

Doctor Ash

I'm not sure if it belongs to this thread but were the people in the cocoons in "Dark Orbit" supposed to be eggmorphing victims or were they about to be chestburstered like in "Aliens"?

Russ840

Russ840

I think you mean 'Dead Orbit'.

It's not stated but I believe that the hosts are cocooned in the standard manner. No evidence of eggmorphing.

Doctor Ash

Doctor Ash

Yep. Sorry for the typo. I don't know but the artwork for the cocoons reminded me more on Dallas and Brett than the Hive in Aliens.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Nothing like eggmorphing.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I suppose I'm the only one who prefers the AVPR Juvenile Queen "direct deposit" method to the egg morphing idea. :p

Looking forward to your covers. Still got that awesome print of yours on my wall.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed