Fate of the Acheron Queen

Started by Frosty Venom, Oct 05, 2018, 03:24:10 PM

Author
Fate of the Acheron Queen (Read 672 times)

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

What was the fate of the Acheron Queen?

Did she die, burning up as she re-entered LV-426's atmosphere or is she still floating through the void of space waiting to be found?

The final panels of Theory of Propagation seem to suggest that she survives.

SM

SM

That's not the Acheron Queen.

The most likely scenario is that she that she fell back to LV-426.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

I mean the original comics were meant to be a direct sequel to Aliens until Alien 3 came out and changed the character and location names.

This could be the clearest answer we ever get even if it's not the Acheron Queen.

SM

SM

They were meant to be a sequel, yes, but the Acheron Queen wasn't in those comics. Theory Of Alien Propogation was a companion piece.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

I am very aware of that but it seems to suggest that if a Queen is blown out of an airlock it will survive.

SM

SM

It probably would, at least for a time.  The Queen survived the trip up to the Sulaco after all.  How long is unknown.  The Acheron Queen had gravity to contend with however.

Kailem

Kailem

I never really considered that she just dropped back down to the planet's surface, rather just kept on floating off into the vast reaches of space as a Queencicle. But you're right, given that the Sulaco was orbiting just on the fringes of the atmosphere at "drop range", she most likely burned up on re-entry.

The Old One

The Old One

Burned up in atmosphere, or shattered because of decompression.

Huggs

Huggs

I doubt she survived re-entry. Were the digital effects available at the time, they may well have shown here entering the atmosphere and being vaporized.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Even if she survived re-entry, she surely would have been splattered on impact.

SM

SM

Nah she evolved wings on the way down.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 08, 2018, 01:21:41 AM
Even if she survived re-entry, she surely would have been splattered on impact.

To say the least. Comin' in hot with a side of bacon.

Or pineapple. That's for you SM.  ;D

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Nah. Surely the Queen would transform into an egg. The perfect vessel for atmospheric reentry and bounce once she hits the ground and likely end up upside down on a support beam somewhere. These things are survivors.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Nah, she's dead Jim.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed