What I actually kind of like from the Alien prequels

Started by EJA, Sep 19, 2018, 10:34:20 AM

Author
What I actually kind of like from the Alien prequels (Read 7,611 times)

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Just like the Protomorph, the Neomorph was created by a human creation/construct (David) programmed to be relatable and think and behave much like a human.

The Deacon came about through chance and randomization but is still the product of the black goo, which by all means seem to be Engineer technology. Sure, you could argue that it's randomization per default makes it "alien" but in the end humans/humanity were involved in every step of the way of the Alien creature's creation, whether by proxy or directly.

The "mystery" of the Space Jockey is that there is no mystery - they're us, or more accurately - we're them. Sure, one could claim an existential or quasi-philosophical spin/angle on the very title (ALIEN) and premise, but in the end it's just taking several decennia of movies and franchise-building and turning it on its head on the most fundamental level possible. It's like taking the Matrix or Terminator series and claim that the AIs and robots are actually made via magic spells, conjured by wizards and warlocks from some ancient world/plane/dimension, seeking to control mankind once and for all...

Like I said in my previous post: it's a bummer (a monumental bummer)

Immortan Jonesy

I actually prefer the Space Jockey as something really alien / otherworldy as the concept of utterly incomprehensible creatures who care nothing for humanity and its pretentions is quite Lovecraftian in theme.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Sep 22, 2018, 11:57:16 PM
I actually prefer the Space Jockey as something really alien / otherworldy as the concept of utterly incomprehensible creatures who care nothing for humanity and its pretentions is quite Lovecraftian in theme.

Aye, me too.

The Old One

The Old One

As do I.

I do think the Engineers and SJ can co-exist, but not as the same entities.

Highland

..but guy's what if the Engineers are not the Space Jockey...what if the Engineers on the home Planet are not Engineers, just people that look like Engineers!!! Guys.... Hello.

You know I was never keen for the TV series idea, but it might be the best place to go with this stuff ( both franchises). TV is at quite a high standard now.

SM

QuoteEven the actual Deacon was conceived through a convoluted chain of events that involve humans (Shaw and Holloway) and a human creation (David).

If it involved humans - it could've also involved Engineers.

QuoteJust like the Protomorph, the Neomorph was created by a human creation/construct (David) programmed to be relatable and think and behave much like a human.

I don't recall it saying that David created the motes and therefore the Neomorphs.

QuoteThe Deacon came about through chance and randomization but is still the product of the black goo, which by all means seem to be Engineer technology.

As per above - the Deacon isn't random as some make out.  And do we know the Engineers actually created the goo?  Or did they just harness it?  Humans could unleash ebola on a populous - but we didn't make it.

Highland

Well presumably one infected human has to bang another human in the small window before they turn into vegimite. Is kinda a bit rare.

SM

Or one infected Engineer has to bang another Engineer in the small window before they turn into "vegemite"(sic).

Highland

Quote from: SM on Sep 23, 2018, 07:34:18 AM
Or one infected Engineer has to bang another Engineer in the small window before they turn into "vegemite"(sic).

Then after that get hugged by giant squid monster. Which is prolly still rare. No auto correct on Vegemite! Unless when a female gets infected it always results in a thingy.

The Old One

The Old One

Someone's infection is feasible though.

Planet cleanser Pathogen.

The Old One

The Old One

I genuinely prefer the new implantation time.

Stitch

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 18, 2019, 09:15:02 PM
I genuinely prefer the new implantation time.
:o Oh no you di'n't!

The Old One

The Old One

Oh yes I did!

Corporal Hicks

You can kind of handwave Alien's longer time period as the eggs just being old (if they actually are).

Kradan

Facehugger was attached to Kane's face for so long to keep him alive and healthy for embryo's better growing conditions. There was no breathable atmoshere on LV-426 IIRC.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed