"I Can't Stop Thinking About How the Predator Would Eat Sushi"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 14, 2018, 12:58:17 PM

Author
"I Can't Stop Thinking About How the Predator Would Eat Sushi" (Read 2,087 times)

Naginata

^ I guess? It doesn't have to be unhinging the jaw specifically; just something weird and inhuman.

Wysps

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 15, 2018, 08:53:18 PM
Quote from: Wysps on Aug 15, 2018, 07:49:09 PM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 15, 2018, 07:33:34 PM
I always see them eat how a scorpion would, at around 0:36 and 1:07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkLiJOjh8JA

It slurped out the innards  :o
So instead of chopsticks the predator uses a straw to eat sushi? Profound!

Maybe their version of "silverware" is a simple, wooden or metal straw. That's all the utensils they need, other then their massive bare hands to rip and tear  8)

Quote from: Naginata on Aug 15, 2018, 09:56:14 PM
Be kinda cool if they unhinged their jaws or something properly weird like that.

Their mandibles do look like they could extend if need be. Couple that with an expanding esophagus, and that solves the chewing problem.

Naginata

^ As goofy as it may sound, stuff like this is my favorite sort of fan theorizing - How they eat, what their non-hunting clothing is like, whether they lay eggs... It's infinitely nerdy fun and I love it.

Wweyland

I wonder if he would take wasabi and dip into soy sauce.

Naginata

Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 19, 2018, 05:41:02 PM
I wonder if he would take wasabi and dip into soy sauce.

^ I mean, knowing the preds, that's probably bare minimum; he'd probably have to commit seppuku if he didn't.

yautjapet

Quote from: Naginata on Aug 19, 2018, 05:37:30 PM
^ As goofy as it may sound, stuff like this is my favorite sort of fan theorizing - How they eat, what their non-hunting clothing is like, whether they lay eggs... It's infinitely nerdy fun and I love it.

Same, I absolutely love coming up with little theories and speculation like this! I have a totally clear mental image of how they eat and how their mandibles work and everything.

Huggs

Quote from: yautjapet on Aug 19, 2018, 07:49:19 PM
Same, I absolutely love coming up with little theories and speculation like this! I have a totally clear mental image of how they eat and how their mandibles work and everything.

Spoiler
They're just for show.  ;)
[close]

Wysps

Quote from: yautjapet on Aug 19, 2018, 07:49:19 PM
Quote from: Naginata on Aug 19, 2018, 05:37:30 PM

Me too. It's never really been shown or described, what else are we fans supposed to do?  :laugh:

andreaNZ

andreaNZ

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 15, 2018, 10:57:27 AM
Actually;

https://i.gifer.com/MS9K.gif

Lizard-like tongue, probably meaning it extends.
I was going to post the same thing..I spotted that ages ago when i first got the Predator 2 video paused alot of Predator action in that film being my avouirite Predator out of all of them probably tying with Wolf and captured, but we will see.amyway,, damn that gif!

Quote from: Naginata on Aug 15, 2018, 01:46:02 AM
Funny as it is, the article does raise the legitimate point that Predator mouths make no sense. I always figured they just faceplant a bowl of meat and hope for the best.
maybe since they dont seem to soeck likme we do soi maybe insdead of vocal chords they have some dorts grinders inside the mouth further down the throught..right from the first movie im still trying to fugure out how thier mpouyths may work in reality, maybe if they were real they wpould loks quite differemnt ins some way but similar

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 15, 2018, 04:59:04 AM
Has anyone ever looked inside of their mouths(lips)? Maybe they have another set of teeth inside there. Or perhaps their esophagus is lined with meat grinding apparatus that pulverize food better than any set of chompers could. So yea, they probably do use chop sticks. Probably eat the chopsticks too. One can never have too much fiber.
Maybe instead of vocal chords they have grinders and somehow they use that to 'talk' maybe thats why they sound so roiught when attemptimg human speech???

whiterabbit

Quote from: andreaNZ on Aug 24, 2018, 12:54:02 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 15, 2018, 04:59:04 AM
Has anyone ever looked inside of their mouths(lips)? Maybe they have another set of teeth inside there. Or perhaps their esophagus is lined with meat grinding apparatus that pulverize food better than any set of chompers could. So yea, they probably do use chop sticks. Probably eat the chopsticks too. One can never have too much fiber.
Maybe instead of vocal chords they have grinders and somehow they use that to 'talk' maybe thats why they sound so roiught when attemptimg human speech???
So that click sound could just be bone being grinded. I always thought that strange voice was computer generated. As in a recording.  ???

Xenomorphine

There is also the possibility they might rip out chunks of flesh, then regurgitate corrosive digestive fluids and drink it all in.

The remake of 'The Fly' basically tried to replicate that.

Wysps

Corrosive barf  :o Yikes.  Though on second thought, it's not that strange, given that ours (pH baseline of 2.0) could potentially be super corrosive to another species also.  Would make for an interesting defense mechanism. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed