AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Details on The Predator Reshoots!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 06, 2018, 12:03:56 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Exclusive: Details on The Predator Reshoots! (Read 54,362 times)

Xan21

Those deleted scenes are gonna be some 'interesting extras' for the bluray bonus material... if they decide to include them... not a big fan of the predator hounds etc so I'm actually quite happy.

BigDaddyJohn

I won't miss preds in pants that's for sure, i mean that was tremendously difficult to execute without being ridiculous.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 06, 2018, 12:35:13 PM
Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 06, 2018, 12:32:49 PM
Then I can not understand why have they released 2 trailers which contained the APC chase and one of the Defectors on it?

It isn't uncommon that trailers continue scenes are cut from finished films. The latest film we covered - Alien: Covenant - also had that. The more obvious recent example is Rogue One.

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jul 06, 2018, 12:26:24 PM
Could someone tell me please: Are the other Preds completely out, there is only Upgrade and Fugitive now?

Correct. At least in the most recent edits.
Thx for the info.  :'(

Damn shame, they basically cut out all the new and bold stuff and made a more traditional Predator film, very held back with new ideas... or actually, no new ideas, we had the dogs, we had the traditional Predators and we had a super duper Predator... and now again?

f**k test audiences, really, this feels nothing like what Shane had in mind and they gave in to the mainstream.

Dusk

I would have liked to see 3 Predators in the Movie, but instead of 2 being friendly, all 3 should have been on the run from Upgrade. We'd have 3 escape pods that dropped at different locations, with the main Predator still ending up captured. The other 2 would try to find their captured comrade, while also trying to evade Upgrade. You could still have Predators and humans teaming up, but it would only be a reluctant alliance.

Xerxész

Hicks...did your sources mention something about the followings?

1. Runtime of the film (of course the version they saw)?
2. Area 52 is cut out also?
3. All the military scenes were cut out?

BigDaddyJohn

I think it will still feel like a Shane Black movie, in terms of directing, dialogue and dynamic between characters, his best strength.

And i don't understand why some people react to the upgrade like it being a continuity of the "super" preds of Predators ? I mean he's clearly different, just his size is enough to make him behave differently, have a lot more destructive power, in terms of representation on screen, i think it will be nothing like predators, fortunately.

Yautja_Warrior

You would think with all the negative reception The Predator trailers have been getting, they would want to include some of the new material, to make it stand out and maybe surprise audiences.

If these cut's are true, they are now left with basically what the trailers have already shown and what people don't seem to like...........

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Jul 06, 2018, 01:23:16 PM
You would think with all the negative reception The Predator trailers have been getting, they would want to include some of the new material, to make it stand out and maybe surprise audiences.

If these cut's are true, they are now left with basically what the trailers have already shown and what people don't seem to like...........

I don't think that what seems to have been cut (hybrids, friendly preds) would have been massively popular to the audience though.

YTL_Hunter_H2

Too bad they didn't cut Jacob tremblay from the film. I just really hate the idea of an autistic kid being involved in a PREDATOR flick. Just awful.

Corporal Hicks

Just rejected a guest post. Just a reminder I expect people to interact with respect on this site. If you can't act like an adult, then don't bother.

Yautja_Warrior

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 06, 2018, 01:30:55 PM
Quote from: Yautja_Warrior on Jul 06, 2018, 01:23:16 PM

I don't think that what seems to have been cut (hybrids, friendly preds) would have been massively popular to the audience though.

Who knows for sure but at least it was something new and it's not like most people are loving the Super Predator all that much anyway, so having more Classic's in the movie, even with them teaming up with the "crazies" might have made for a fun movie that people would enjoy, because general audiences normally like that kind of cheesy stuff.

From what was shown, the APC sequence with Preds looked like it could have been a great action sequence.

I know I was looking forward to the team up and I'm a big fan of the series but I like a lot of the AvP and EU stuff too.

Darkness

So the humans won't be teaming up with any Predator?

What other hybrid creatures were there?

Wysps

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 06, 2018, 12:35:13 PM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jul 06, 2018, 12:26:24 PM
Could someone tell me please: Are the other Preds completely out, there is only Upgrade and Fugitive now?

Correct. At least in the most recent edits.

I'm on board with the edits, but it is kind of a let down that we only get the Fugitive and Upgrade, especially since
Spoiler
Fugitive meets an untimely demise too early in the action, imo
[close]
Maybe they've changed that bit too but aren't disclosing it. One can hope  :(

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Jul 06, 2018, 02:15:47 PM
So the humans won't be teaming up with any Predator?

Nope. No team-ups.

QuoteWhat other hybrid creatures were there?

It's those really weird creatures that all just have mandibles and dreadlocks. We saw bits of them in the leaked photos.

Spoiler
[close]

Vermillion

Hahah Preds in combat fatigues!?!

Like the HULK in ripped purple pants.

That is slapstick comedy right there!

It would of been the Death of the franchise if this was still in the movie.   

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed