Dark Horse Announces Predator: Hunters II

Started by Ultramorph, May 11, 2018, 02:02:05 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Predator: Hunters II (Read 18,390 times)

Russ840

Yeah, I agree.

Spoiler
could easily expand a little and show links to Owlf and progression from that, to Stargazer. Some references to the 2nd film as well would be great. 
[close]

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 10, 2018, 06:51:51 PM
I wonder if those randomers are Stargazer??

Very possible although they may have something to do with the guy Jaya saw in Afghanistan that made her comment that "their timetable just got shortened".

So I decided to re-read "Nemesis, Bad Blood, Big Game, Blood on Two Witch Mesa and Hunters. I noted that Mandy is ex CIA and Nakai is ex military (as is Swain). We know Stargazer is a military and CIA collaboration project. I noticed in "Big Game" one panel had a calendar which marked the year as 1996 (though it released in'91). The military would've been very interested in Predators after catching a ship that went nuclear taking out an entire army base. Meanwhile during "Bad Blood" Claude Loudermilk has the CIA attempting to capture a Predator. No mention of OWLF in "Bad Blood" which leads me to believe it took place before 1997 (Predator 2). Probably took place in 1994 the year the series was released and perhaps prior to the formation of OWLF (although this is all just speculation). In "Blood on Two Witch Mesa" Nakai is offered to work for the Defense Department (most likely CIA) he then comments in "Hunters" that they(CIA) were only interested in the Predators' tech whereas he(Nakai) just wanted to kill them so he left. So Nakai May have been part of the OWLF at some point.

Another possible team of "Hunters" would be the organization from "Hell & Hot Water". All we know about that team is they aren't governmental.

Wweyland

Any chance of this being re-released in a big omnibus with parts 1 & 2 together? Also, have they hinted at part 3?

Russ840

Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 14, 2018, 09:34:14 AM
Any chance of this being re-released in a big omnibus with parts 1 & 2 together? Also, have they hinted at part 3?

Nothing thus far. That's not to say that we won't see that sort of collected edition and a third part. At the moment it's just a TPB for the first series

Wweyland

Will probably just get the TPB-s then.

Corporal Hicks

Predator: Hunters II #4
Chris Warner (W), Agustin Padilla (A/Cover A), and Neeraj Menon (C)
On sale Nov 7
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Miniseries
A botched ambush, a futile standoff, and a desperate retreat lead to a final one-on-one battle with the Predator in the cold darkness of the Afghan night. In the aftermath, the Hunters deal with a painful parting—and an unexpected reunion!
Predator action from start to finish!

https://www.newsarama.com/41493-dark-horse-november-2018-solicitations.html

Chrisp_Morg

Loving this so far, I hope they'll keep moving forward with the series after Hunters 2.

Russ840

Just got finished reading issue 2.

Good stuff, more set up than anything else but its well done.  A couple of interesting teases.

One thing in here that i know some will appreciate,

Spoiler
Stargazer is here
[close]

Looking forward to next issue.

Wweyland

Amazon UK is finally able to deliver this (and the first part) to Estonia, yay.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 05, 2018, 07:02:20 AM

Good stuff, more set up than anything else but its well done.  A couple of interesting teases.

Spoiler
Stargazer is here
[close]

Wahey. I was right. I feel like perhaps it should have had an early release to coincide with the film's release a little better because of that but hey ho. It's still building momentum with #2 but I'm continuing to enjoy. I really do dig the artwork for this run.

Russ840

The art has a gritty, almost aggressive look to it. It suits the story really well.

Spoiler
hope we get some more movie continuity nods
[close]

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 05, 2018, 08:30:27 PM
Quote from: Russ840 on Sep 05, 2018, 07:02:20 AM

Spoiler
Stargazer is here
[close]

Wahey. I was right. I feel like perhaps it should have had an early release to coincide with the film's release a little better because of that but hey ho. It's still building momentum with #2 but I'm continuing to enjoy. I really do dig the artwork for this run.

Yup you called it! And I agree Russ that the art is really illustrating the grit of the Afghani desert. So far so good with this series. Next up "The Predator" (so excited to see it!)

Corporal Hicks

Looks like #3 has been pushed back until the 24th.

https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/3002-889/Predator-Hunters-II-3

:'(

Whiskeybrewer

Shouldnt be surprised, its par for the course with Dark Horse atm

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 10, 2018, 08:39:59 AM
Looks like #3 has been pushed back until the 24th.

https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/3002-889/Predator-Hunters-II-3

:'(

Same day as Dust to Dust issue 3 so at least there's that!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed